Using Variables Questions

Started by Erik, May 23, 2014, 06:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

If I want to do something with the Hierarchical Keywords variable:

{File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0}

1.   Is it possible to filter so that it only returns the keywords you want.

For instance,  I tried to use the filter:  operator to show only specific keywords, but it doesn't appear to do anything.  It just shows the complete list of keywords whether the filter matches or not.

e.g.
{File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0|filter:^Location}  shows all the keywords, not just the location one. 

I was assuming I could do something like one can do with the categories that are shown as examples in the help file, but the help file also suggests that filtering is only available for category variables.

2.  Can one use regular expressions with the replace option when formatting variables?  I haven't tried it yet, but the help file doesn't say much with regard to that. I'll probably just play around with it but thought I'd ask.

- Can one use regular expressions in any other way with variables to control or change their format.

I've been testing some of these things out for the File Tips window but would like to be able to do this in other locations (such as the Metadata Templates) to reformat some data that has characters, words, etc that I'd like to remove, replace, or simplify.