Build 160

Started by herman, May 31, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

Congratulations to Mario with this build, probably the last beta prior to release.

Downloading went smooth as usual, no surprises here.

I will install this build from scratch, so that I can see what a new user will see.
Enjoy!

Herman.

clpratt

Today at 16:47:26 Topic says  "IMatch 5.0.160 released"
first line of text reads "IMatch 5.0.158 has been released today. "
confused!!

medgeek

Only the text is wrong--it really is build 160.

Aubrey

Quote from: herman on May 31, 2014, 07:07:14 PM
Congratulations to Mario with this build, probably the last beta prior to release.

Then Mario will start to work through the feature request list!      ;)

Aubrey

Richard

QuoteThen Mario will start to work through the feature request list!

We have seen an awful lot of feature requests filled during Beta testing but I don't expect that to increase drastically when IMatch 5 first goes public. There will be a huge demand for Mario's support. There are still bugs on the list and new users will find new bugs. Bugs that will demand more of Mario's time. Responding to feature requests from new users will be another factor. It will not be as though Mario will be able to kick back and play with new features only. For awhile he will be extremely busy.

herman

I just hope that his highest priority after launch will be to lean back, have at least one Sunday off (must be the first one in five years) and sip some Champagne while keeping one eye on the proverbial wheel barrow  ;)
Enjoy!

Herman.

Richard

You're talking about a man who works on IMatch on his laptop while taking a vacation. I am sure that he will celebrate some. He might even take a day or two but don't ask me to bet he will. I have been reading his posts since the Yahoo days and in 12 years it has been a rare day when there is no post by Mario. It would also be hard to find some hour of the day that has never had a post from him. Maybe between 3 and 4 AM his time but...

Ferdinand

Looking good.  My credit card is poised.  (For two copies, remember ... !)

Mario

Quote from: Ferdinand on June 01, 2014, 04:29:50 PM
(For two copies, remember ... !)
I remember. Your brother is very patient...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

I wouldn't have said that he is patient, but he hasn't had a choice.  Waiting for his 2009 birthday present has been like waiting for Godot, except that in this case it seems that Godot is about to arrive .   ;D

I hope Godot arrives in the next 6 days, because after that I'll be on an extended spring / summer trip until around the end of next month and he will have to wait a little longer.