IMatch 5 Official Release

Started by Mario, June 06, 2014, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

That's the licensed version.

The "Buy  Now" in the About dialog is always included. Just in case a user wants to buy another license.

I thought you see the Buy now in the ID Plate...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DaweP

Mario,
this is fantastic, you made it!!!  :)
I'll never stop admire your amazing effort and hard work and I am very grateful you let me join your testers-team (somewhere around build .40 :-) ).
I will happily buy the new full licence of IM5, you absolutely deserve it!
David

cytochrome

Quote from: Mario on June 07, 2014, 06:49:11 PM
That's the licensed version.

The "Buy  Now" in the About dialog is always included. Just in case a user wants to buy another license.

I thought you see the Buy now in the ID Plate...

Fine. But then you should include "Licensed version" after Imatch 5.1.2 so people like me won't download xtimes the program.

And suddenly I don't get an error when I click on Update but a message saying I am up to date (no wonder after 4 downloads...)

Francis

Mario

The Trial version displays "IMatch 5.1.1 Trial Version". The licensed version just displays the version number. I did not think that this causes confusion, especially since the trial version displays a "Buy now" button in the ID plate and has a "Trial Version" bar in the status bar which is always visible. Impossible to confuse the two.

Quoteon Update but a message saying I am up to date (no wonder after 4 downloads...)

You are up-to-date. 5.1.2 is the most recent release.

As discussed in another thread today, the update check was not yet working across all servers in the farm. This has been fixed for now and the update check now works. I did not anticipate that users check for updates right after downloading the first version so I scheduled the server update for Sunday. But I fixed it now already.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

Tremendously exciting news!  CONGRATULATIONS, MARIO!  I'm far from home right now, but will purchase my upgrade in the next few days, once I return home.  I haven't been so thrilled to buy new software in a long time.   :D
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mees Dekker

Quote from: Mario on June 07, 2014, 08:02:25 PM
The Trial version displays "IMatch 5.1.1 Trial Version". The licensed version just displays the version number. I did not think that this causes confusion, especially since the trial version displays a "Buy now" button in the ID plate and has a "Trial Version" bar in the status bar which is always visible. Impossible to confuse the two.

Mario

you're right: if one has two versions (licensed and trail) of IMatch, you cannot confuse them. But: if you purchased a licensed version directly (without using a trial version first), you could be confused by the "Buy now" button. So I agree with Cytochrome that it would be useful to state explicitly in the "About dialog" that it is a licensed version.

Mario

I have already added an explicit "licensed version" info in the About dialog.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

mastodon

Congratulations from Budapest, Hungary!!! :) This will be the first thing to buy on Tuesday.
No-No, I bough it NOW with credit card. Installed!

muranod

Congratulations, Mario. I just did a "check for updates" about 15 minutes ago and am now happy to have a licensed version of Imatch 5, and at a great price too! Your hard work is truly appreciated.

I look forward to (continue) learning all off Imatch 5's features and capabilities, as time allows. Thanks for this great product, and your top notch support!

Dan M

BenAW

Hi Mario

congratulations on this milestone. I do hope your wishes and expectations for the new version will be fulfilled.

It has been great fun to be part of the process. From the very first versions with multiple windows, 16 views and 16 (or even more ?)
separate filters. You have come a long way to the present version, which I have been using for quite some time now.
Installed the 5.1.2 and it works like a charm.

Recently I haven't been very active on the community. Busy with a new climate theory, that could blow the whole greenhouse effect of the face of the earth.
link
I've been using IM5 a lot as a documents dbase, and the new search came in very handy  8)

Hope the champagne was still drinkable  ::)

regards

Ben Wouters

Mario

<private option mode on>

Interesting read. Climate, and what drives or influences it, was always a matter of hot debate. I'm sure it's the same here as elsewhere: We only know that we don't know much / enough. I see it like smoking: Not smoking does not harm you.  And, the less we pollute our environment, the better. I don't know if humanity has a real impact on the weather, or how much. Maybe we're just a pip in the global processes which control the climate of the earth. But keeping the earth clean is surely a good thing, for whatever reason. Common sense or fear from boiling oceans  :D  Fear was always an instrument to control people - and still is...

Science, global warming, environmental control and protection has become a big business. And "looking at where the money is" explains a lot of what's being researched and published today...

OK. Now back to IMatch!

</private option mode on>
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

AnaDia

Hi Mario,

CONGRATULATIONS on this milestone !!!

One of the first things I have done after returning from my vacation was buying a license of IMatch5  :)

jelvers

Congratulations, Mario!!!!!!! :) ;) ;) ;)

Juergen

JohnZeman

Mega kudos to you Mario, oh happy day!  ;D

Like everyone else I have also been waiting for this day for a long time, and it's been well worth the wait for sure.

I know I'm late to the party, just got home from a short holiday, but the first thing I did when I got my computer fired up was to purchase an upgrade to version 5.

nacho02

I am really looking forward to migrating my productive DB... so long in the waiting, and now it's here!! It's like Xmas  ;D

Will have to wait until next week, though.  :(

Thanks a lot, Mario!
And also to all those Alpha and Beta testers!!
Ignacio

ChrisMatch

Just returned from holiday and read the good news :)

CONGRATULATIONS
When will your hard earned holiday start? ;)

sinus

Quote from: nacho02 on June 10, 2014, 11:30:26 PM
I am really looking forward to migrating my productive DB... so long in the waiting, and now it's here!! It's like Xmas  ;D

Will have to wait until next week, though.  :(

Thanks a lot, Mario!
And also to all those Alpha and Beta testers!!

Thanks for your thank!  :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

NeilR

Congratulations Mario!  I have to admit, I was starting to think my grandkids would see this release, but not me  ;D.  But it was worthy of the wait, now that it is here!!!!

I did have a minor problem.  I missed the "Official Release" last week, I guess, but responded to a "IMatch 5 from photools.com is available now." email message I received today.  After clicking through the Shareit stuff, I clicked the link to go to the download page.

All I saw on that page was my imatch 3.6 download info, not iMatch 5.

After playing around, I clicked into something that let me enter my email and key.  I changed my email address and now see the iMatch 5 download info and link.  Apparently, there are two email addies in the system for me and either I or Shareit is quite confused.

All is well, I'm just posting this in case anyone else runs into the problem. 

Mario

To keep things simple, share-it and I don't even try to match new purchases with old purchases.

You buy an upgrade to IMatch 5.
You use your email and you get a new license code.
Using this email and this license code allows you to download IMatch 5.

If you use an email and a license code which is only valid for IMatch 3.6 when logging in, IMatch 5 is not available for download. Always use the IMatch 5 license code.

QuoteAfter playing around, I clicked into something that let me enter my email and key.

That's a bit fuzzy  ::)  :)  Usually you go to

https://secure.photoolsweb.com/customerweb

you enter your email and license code and you're "in". You can download the product you have a license for.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

JohnZeman

Quote from: Mario on June 14, 2014, 08:21:41 PMIf you use an email and a license code which is only valid for IMatch 3.6 when logging in, IMatch 5 is not available for download. Always use the IMatch 5 license code.

Mario I think you should really emphasize this in bold for those version 3 users purchasing a version 5 license.  As a long time beta tester used to logging in for version 5 beta downloads even I fell into this trap for awhile after upgrading because I didn't see a download link for 5.  Until it dawned on me that I had to log out and then log back in again with the new version 5 login info.

Mario

If more users fall into this, I will maybe put up a note when somebody logs in with a legacy license code.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Ferdinand

On the positive side, if you purchase 5.1 using the same address as for 3.6, then it doesn't matter which code you use to log in with - you see both.  Hence you should try to purchase with the same address if at all possible.  I think that's worth emphasising too.

Mario

I have added a note. I had a simple idea for it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

claudermilk

I've been away for quite a while and just saw the notification email. Congratulations! That was a long road to get to. I've already paid for my license, just need to install now. I'm glad I was able to help out with the early betas on this.

Richard

ColinIM

Quote from: Ferdinand on June 15, 2014, 09:43:20 AM
On the positive side, if you purchase 5.1 using the same address as for 3.6, then it doesn't matter which code you use to log in with - you see both.  Hence you should try to purchase with the same address if at all possible.  I think that's worth emphasising too.

Thanks to this part of the dialogue above I was able to take extra care today when making my purchase via Share-It! and PayPal, so I spotted and corrected the two instances of  my email address that Share-It! had (logically but wrongly) assumed I would want to use, and which it had therefore auto-inserted into (a) the Billing Address area of the 'purchase process' web-page, and (b) into the (online/hypothetical) "Delivery Address" area of the form.

(I use a different and specific email address for all my PayPal purchases, and the Share-It! mechanism naturally picked-up this 'PayPal' address following my choice of PayPal as my payment option.  But happily, Share-It! has always (to my recollection) been one of the better online-payment / eCommerce schemes by allowing us to keep full control of these fields during a purchase.)

I was able to use the "Edit" options on both address areas of the Share-It! form to substitute my IMatch related email address instead. See my attached screen-grab.  (Yes, I keep screen-grabs of my 'important' online transactions!)

Colin P.

EDITED to add:  Mario, please snip my attached image if you think it's likely or possible that this one specific screen-grab (being a snap of just one particular stage of my own particular purchase) might confuse any buyers who might use a different sequence of events from mine during the Share-It! process! Thanks.
Colin P.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The email address you use for your purchase is not really that important.

It will be the email which is associated with your customer record and your license code.
And you will have to use it when you first log into the customerWeb after your purchase.

But once logged in, you can change your email address via the Update Your Data link in the customerWeb to whatever you prefer (must be a valid email address). This allows you to use separate emails for purchasing and logging in.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator