Same filename - different photos

Started by frlindla, June 03, 2019, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

Something strange has happened to some of my photos. Take a look on the attachments. The photos I am talking about here are all taken With my canon 6D and should be cr2-files. These are stacked photos, so the master should be a cr2-file and the Version a jpg. In the filewindow it shows that both the master and the Version are the same photo (as it should be), but both are JPGs. Where are the cr2-file? If I take a look at the Version-window (see the attatchment), there is suddenly a different photo than the Version! That is also confirmed when I take a look on the metadata-panel which tell me that the master-file is from my iphone and the Version is from my canon 6D.

Anyone who understand what can be wrong here and how I can solve this? :)

Mario

This looks like you have configured your version to be a visual proxy, hence the master is represented by one of the versions.
Right-click on the master in the Version panel and toggle the "Show Visual Proxy" or left-lick to make the panel active and then press <P>.

See Visual Proxy for more info about visual proxies and The Version Panel

There is a JPG master and a JPEG version. No sign of a CR2.
Please double-check your file relations and make sure that they work as intended.
You seem to make JPEG files both a master and a version and this can fail easily.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

billy3

Hi,

independent of IMatch it can also happen that your cam (e.g. Canon etc.) started counting with IMG_...0 again after a certain overflow (possibly 9999). It also happened to me.

Regards

billy3

sinus

Quote from: frlindla on June 03, 2019, 09:46:33 PM
Something strange has happened to some of my photos. Take a look on the attachments. The photos I am talking about here are all taken With my canon 6D and should be cr2-files. These are stacked photos, so the master should be a cr2-file and the Version a jpg. In the filewindow it shows that both the master and the Version are the same photo (as it should be), but both are JPGs. Where are the cr2-file? If I take a look at the Version-window (see the attatchment), there is suddenly a different photo than the Version! That is also confirmed when I take a look on the metadata-panel which tell me that the master-file is from my iphone and the Version is from my canon 6D.

Anyone who understand what can be wrong here and how I can solve this? :)

Hm, this is really curious. 
:o
In the version-panel is a wrong image.
And in the normal file-window you have 2 jpgs, instead one cr2 and one jpg.

Is this correct?

You write "these are stacked photos", you mean version-stacks of course, not?

Did you try a database diagnostics (from Database-Database-tools)?

And check carefully your relations-rules inclusive the visual proxy.
But the visual proxy alone should not give such a result (two jpgs instead 1 cr2 and 1 jpg).

I know (but far behind in my brain), I had sometimes something like this, but I know unfortunately no more details except that in my case there have been stacks and version-stacks involved and it is a looong time ago.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

frlindla

I think I solved it. It was something wrong With my Version-rules.

But when it comes to duplicates, I must be doing something wrong. See my attachment "Duplicates3".

Do you agree that photo number 2, 3, 4 and 5 from the left are duplicates? How can IMG_2329 get that date and time?? The right is 16.12.2018.

Should I rescan the folder With these photos?

Mario

The date and time displayed in the default File Window layouts is the "File DateTime" IMatch creates when importing your files.

This is by default derived from an EXIF timestamp. See How IMatch uses Date and Time Information
If your files don't have EXIF data, IMatch will use the "last modified" timestamp of the file in the Windows file system.

You can check the date and time in the Metadata Panel.
Since the two files on the left have (1) and (2) in the file name and later dates, they look like copies you have created later?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook