Geosetter Exiftool unable to start with 142 error

Started by dcb, June 11, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcb

Prior to loading the 5.1.2 release of IMatch 5, Geosetter worked fine. Now it gives a multiple ExifTool errors when it starts up. It may just be coincidence that the error starts after I went to the non-beta version of IMatch. Could have been an update to something somewhere else as well. Have tried everything I can think of on the Geosetter side including uninstalling it.

Has anyone seen this before?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Have you backed up your photos today?

Mario

IMatch has it's own separate copy of exiftool, for a reason. And it uses only that, does not replace existing ExifTool instances and whatnot.
Re-install GeoSetter and see if this solves the problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

dcb

Thanks Mario. I though IMatch had its own copy of Exiftool but it's good to have that confirmed. I have tried reinstalling GeoSetter. Might need to try with the reboot in safe mode type of reinstall to clear it all out.

-DCB

Frank

I have just tried to start Geosetter out of Imatch 5.1.4 and it works.
There is may somethink wrong with your system.
Frank

dcb

Quote from: Frank on June 12, 2014, 06:15:21 AM
I have just tried to start Geosetter out of Imatch 5.1.4 and it works.
There is may somethink wrong with your system.
Frank

Thanks Frank. That does help to know it works for another. I may have to restore the system back a week or so to see what's different. Annoying to have to do so, but then it's just as annoying without Geosetter.

dcb

In the end the only fix I could find was to restore my system to a known working state of a couple of weeks ago and start again. All working now. I did find a copy of exiftool in the Application Data\roaming\Geosetter folder that I hadn't seen. Perhaps it was corrupt. Interestingly though I could not run the IMatch version outside of IMatch but it worked from within.

Mario

QuoteInterestingly though I could not run the IMatch version outside of IMatch but it worked from within.

There should be no problem with that. The version shipped with IMatch is an unmodified ExifTool version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook