How to update image files after adjusting preferences

Started by Schmidtze, July 05, 2013, 05:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmidtze

Hello,

I'm just playing around with keywords

1. The following 2 options are set: "Metadata | Keyword Export | Write hierarchical keywords" and "Metadata | Keyword Export | Write path elements"
2. Using this options and adding the keyword "a|b|c" I will have the 3 keywords "a", "b" and "c" after saving in non-hierarchical keywords. This is ok.
3. No I'm switching the option "Metadata | Keyword Export | Write path elements" OFF.

How can I get now the new situation be written to the image file to get the norn-hierarchical keyword "a|b|c" instead having 3 seperate keywords? Is there a way I do not see or is it maybe a new request? I tried the following:

1. Added now also the keyword "tmp". The yellow pencil appears and the changes can be saved to image file.
2. The image file contains now also the non-hierarchical keyword "tmp", but still "a", "b" and "c" instead of "a|b|c". This is not ok.

I think this is a bug, so I have to post it as a bug report. Or is it a request?  ;D In my opinion there must be a way to switch some preferences with forcing the new situation be saved to all existing image files. Or do anybody have a tip regarding a workaround for this? The same situation with thesaurus items. After setting the option "Exclude in flat keywords" on a thesaurus item for example, it's not very easy to overtake this new situation to all affected image files.

Best regards
Friedemann

Schmidtze

I said this

QuoteThe same situation with thesaurus items. After setting the option "Exclude in flat keywords" on a thesaurus item for example, it's not very easy to overtake this new situation to all affected image files.

But ok, I know, I've read in the help file that changes in thesaurus will NOT affect all existing image data, the thesaurus is only for helping to select text data. This is of course ok. It's probably the same for preferences. That's why I'm asking for a workaround...

Best regards
Friedemann