Dark theme for menus and sub-menus

Started by photoken, June 14, 2014, 08:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

photoken

Win7 x64 SP1, Aero interface
IMatch 5.1.4

IM's Dark default colour scheme is outstanding, but it's disconcerting to be blasted by the glaring bright menus.  IM ought to have those menus and context menus follow the Dark colour scheme.  For that matter, all the dialogs, etc., should follow that colour scheme, too.  PhotoLine now does that for all menus and dialogs and it's a dream to use....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.

Mario

IMatch is limited to what the user interface toolkit I use can handle. So don't hold your breath because I can't change that easily.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Photon

Of course color is only a cosmetic point, but a few photographic users really like this.
The GUI with its colors is highly relevant for the convenient usage of image tools.

Win8 is terrible compared to Win7 regarding possible change of styles. Thats why I use now cheap WindowsBlinds for modifying the Win7 and Win8 style completely.
Meanwhile I use a modified very dark WindowsBlinds style "Mac OSX ultimate" which allows the change of most program to nice and eye-friendly dark style.
Not only this, additional windows header buttons offer more features. See attached screenshot of Irfanview. NO, this is not on a Mac but on a Win7 system!

Only a few tools are reluctant to follow a modified windows style.
I understand that using a toolkit makes modification complex.
No problem with waiting for IMatch6 :-)

Regards, Martin

[attachment deleted by admin]
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |