Formatting the info displayed in the File Window

Started by photoken, June 14, 2014, 06:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

photoken

I've customized the info displayed beneath the thumbnails in the File Window:

It's the second line up from the bottom that I have questions about formatting.  It works great when the image has data for shutter speed, etc., but when the image does not, I'm left with this:

I want that line to be centered, so I can't split it into left and right components and use prefixes and suffixes.  Here's the formatting code:
{File.MD.Composite\ShutterSpeed\ShutterSpeed\0|value:formatted} f/{File.MD.Composite\Aperture\Aperture\0}  ISO:{File.MD.Exif::Main\34855\ISO\0} EV:{File.MD.Exif::Main\37380\ExposureCompensation\0}

Is there a simple way to not have the "f/", "ISO:", and "EV:" appear if there's no data in the image?  Or do I have to use if...then...else statements in the formatting code?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.

Mario

You can use prefix and suffix formatting functions to only output text if the variable has a value.

Check the default File Window Tip (Edit > Preferences > File Window Tip) for some examples. More examples are in the help, check out the Variables topic. Use the Var Toy App for easy testing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

photoken

Whoooo!  Excellent!  Works like a charm.  Thanks!

For those interested in the syntax, here's the code:
{File.MD.Composite\ShutterSpeed\ShutterSpeed\0|value:formatted} {File.MD.Composite\Aperture\Aperture\0|prefix:f/}  {File.MD.Exif::Main\34855\ISO\0|prefix:ISO:} {File.MD.Exif::Main\37380\ExposureCompensation\0|prefix:EV:}
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.