Duel installation

Started by P.Jones, June 14, 2014, 01:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

I'm about to install ver 5.1.4 on my PC and just need some advice before I do.

I wish to install IM5 on my Win7 32 bit SSD drive and also my Win8.1 64 bit SSD drive. I wish to use the same Database for both programs and also have any changes I make to the program settings etc to be visible in which ever Windows version I use.

I want to put the Database on a separate partition on my Win7 SSD drive for best performance.

What other files would I need to place in this separate partition to do this, if indeed it is possible.

Mario

See the topic Travelling with IMatch in the help which has many useful tips.

Let me know if you need more info than available there.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on June 14, 2014, 02:21:37 PM
See the topic Travelling with IMatch in the help which has many useful tips.

Let me know if you need more info than available there.

Hi Mario

I think I've cracked it. I created a Database in my Win7 IM5 then copied the following folders and files to my new partition

apppanel
dictionaries
geo
presets
previewcache
resources
scripts
IMatch Database.imd5
imatch5.pts

I then changed the corresponding preferences to point to the new locations on both Win7 and Win8 programs

Seems to work fine.

Mario

Hi,

most of these folders are created automatically when you install IMatch. Unless you have created custom scripts or presets, you only ever need to transfer the settings database.

Do you know the Pack & Go utility included in IMatch 5? This makes moving all IMatch files, the settings database and your IMatch database between computers very easy. See the Pack and Go help for more information.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Hi Mario

yes I read about the Pack&Go, but I like doing things long hand, mostly  ;D