Upgrading Website

Started by WzeroMN, June 15, 2014, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WzeroMN

It is nearly as costly to print the upgrading website pages as it is to buy the program :-) Black background should NEVER be used on a website. It uses a LOT of ink when printed. White is much better, no ink at all for that!

It certainly would be nice if forum had spellchecking. At least on Chrome it does not. At least not in Windows 8.1.
Hierro cnadente, batir de repente

Menace

I just have Opera as Browser (uses Chromium) and their there I can activate a spellchecking in nearly any language I want (for me German and English) and this works quit fine whenever I want to write in a forum. Chrome doesn't have any similar?

Jingo

My safari browser under MAC actually has a correcting spell checker... my firefox in Windows has an auto spell checker as well to activate.  I'm surprised if most modern browser don't include this now...

WzeroMN

Not sure how to get it on but spell check working on this reply after turned on use server aid. it goes to google when you do that. have been trying to switch to Chrome. not sure if I want it as default or not yet. Have  IE which seems to be better supported by ROBOFORM which is my password manager.

Mario

1.  I have not designed to the web site to be printed. Why would you print parts of my web site?
And most browsers allow you to suppress the printing of the background. For example, in FF you have to enable it explicitly, else the background is considered to be white.

2. All modern browsers (FF, IE, Chrome, Opera) have built-in spell checking. No need to have a separate spell checker on this community web site.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

WzeroMN

I realize most things would not be printed but just wanted a reminder on hard copy. Really, not for anyone to tell me what to print.

Spell is working now. My fault as just in process of deciding if I should switch to Chrome.

Of course with this reply on IPAD Safari has spellcheck.

Very likely to upgrade though. IMATCH EXCEEDS all other DAM BY A WIDE MARGIN. Have used it almost since the start. Need to point people to Forum since so many I talk to are afraid to take up this type of software. If you cannot keep all data in your head you need a database and this is the best. It can be threatening to new user but having no idea what you have or where you have it should be much worse. Before digital photography there probably was little need for such and no easy way to do it.