Has our old friend 'quick copy' bit the dust?

Started by reader, July 05, 2013, 09:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

After going thru the discussion of copying in the help file... it does not appear there is a function like the old 'quick copy'.  Something I used quite a lot to copy files to somewhere outside the db without having to fire up another application and hence do another series of navigation steps.

Am I just overlooking it? Or has it gone the way of the Dodo bird?

Richard

QuoteFile Management in IMatch
This topic explains how to copy, move, rename and delete files and folders in IMatch.

JohnZeman

You can drag and drop files to where you want, or use a script to do it.
If interested, I have a couple scripts written that basically mimic the version 3 quick copy and quick move.

Richard

I will again recommend reading the File Management topic in Help but I will quote a tiny portion of it.
QuoteKeyboard Shortcuts
Shortcut Function
Ctrl+Return Open the file with the associated application.
This is the same application that is used by Windows Explorer when you double-click a file.

The File Window Configuration allows you to configure mouse commands for this purpose.
Ctrl+C Copy selected files or a folder into the Windows clipboard.
Ctrl+X Cuts the selected files or folder into the Windows clipboard.
No objects are actually moved unless you insert the clipboard contents in IMatch.
Ctrl+V If you have cut/copied files:
Inserts the files into the current folder or file window. If this was a move operation, the files are removed from their original folder.

If you have cut/copied a folder:
Insert the folder as a new sub-folder of the selected folder. If this was a move operation, the files are removed from their original folder.
F2 Rename files or folders.
Ctrl+F2 Rename files via the Renamer.
Del Delete files or folders. Use Ctrl+Del to skip the confirmation prompt.
ESC Aborts a drag and drop operation.

The text copied loses a lot of quality in the paste routine. It reads much better in Help and makes more sense. Mario has put a lot of effort into IMatch 5 and it is rich in features. The only way to learn all about all the features is to read Help. Mario put a lot of effort into writing the help files and they, like the program, are many times better than IMatch 3. During beta testing I would recommend putting a link to Help on your desktop and using it often.

Mario

The functionality to setup a list of often used folders is now available via the Favorites feature.
The Favorites Panel also maintains automatic lists of recently used folders so you can quickly copy or move files to these folders again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

reader

Quote from: Richard on July 06, 2013, 05:33:59 AM
I will again recommend reading the File Management topic in Help but I will quote a tiny portion of it.
[...]

Perhaps you missed this part of my post:
Quote from: reader on July 05, 2013, 09:02:08 PM
After going thru the discussion of copying in the help file... it does not appear there is a function like the old 'quick copy'. 
[...]

But now Mario has posted comments regarding the 'favorites' functionality that seems to cover what was possible with quick copy

reader

Quote from: Mario on July 06, 2013, 10:57:11 AM
The functionality to setup a list of often used folders is now available via the Favorites feature.
The Favorites Panel also maintains automatic lists of recently used folders so you can quickly copy or move files to these folders again.

Ah, now we're cook'in.. Thanks Marios