Renamer Issue

Started by jelvers, June 17, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelvers

I am running into difficulties with the renamer in terms of doing a batch renaming and defining a starting number and a defined step increase, e.g. I have already the following pics in one directorory: pic 001, pic 002 and pic 003. I now want to add four more pictures and want to rename them from the current camera-name to pic 004 til pic 008. That was very easy in Imatch 3 by clicking at the respective photos and then adding a number to "sequence starts at" and a number to "step". I went through the help file, but can't figure out how to do it. I always get just a step increase of 1 and it starts always with # 001.

What do I do wrong, because I am sure it is possible.

Regards, Juergen

Mario

Do you use a Global Sequence Number step? Or a File Number Step?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

In order to do what you are looking for is kind of a two step process.

I've attached an image of the renamer dialog box.

1. You first have to add The Global Sequence Number option, which it sounds like you have
2. You need to set the Global Sequence number and Step size (circled in the image).  The Global Sequence number is the starting number.

It sounds like you may not have set those numbers, or perhaps they aren't working for you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jelvers

:) ;) Many thanks for advice. Works perfectly now!