Gack, what happened to filenames on thumbs

Started by reader, July 06, 2013, 04:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

I was viewing the file screen and the thumbs had the file names on them.
I've closed and reopened Im5, but not sure what else I may have done, but now noticing I have no filenames on the thumbs.

A few quick searches in the help file... had not helped even a little.  Once again I think up all the wrong search strings.  Plus a few quick searches of the forum where I bet this has been discussed but again my search strings yield no help.

Here is an example:  I search under 'Thumbnail' in help file... at the top of hits page I see "configuration" .. well here we go, but oops, no information beyond passwording and determining size is shown.

Where do I set what appears on the thumbnails?

BenAW

Look under File Window Layout in the Help

reader

Quote from: BenAW on July 06, 2013, 04:46:06 PM
Look under File Window Layout in the Help

Thanks,
Yeah, I looked at those tools at top of filewindow before posting... but near as I can tell, the default layout included the filename and yet I don't see a file name when set to default. ( see included image )

[attachment deleted by admin]

reader

Quote from: reader on July 06, 2013, 04:18:02 PM
I was viewing the file screen and the thumbs had the file names on them.
I've closed and reopened Im5, but not sure what else I may have done, but now noticing I have no filenames on the thumbs.
[...]
Recovered the names by using the Reset or Recovery technique of closing then opening with Ctrl key down.

Mario

I think you have just selected another file window layout, one without the file names.

Since the problem was in the file window, this was the first term I used in the help. I have linked the term thumbnail now also to file window layout topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

reader

Quote from: Mario on July 06, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
I think you have just selected another file window layout, one without the file names.

Since the problem was in the file window, this was the first term I used in the help. I have linked the term thumbnail now also to file window layout topic.

Ah nice... thank you