GPS: REQUEST - Setting to choose map starting location

Started by Jingo, June 21, 2014, 02:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

So.. I was expecting a behavior and it didn't happen (probably by design) but figured I'd start here and see where it leads. 

I setup a bunch of GPS favorites for common places I often need to mark (i.e.: Home).  I figured once I choose the location from the drop down window that the map would move to that location.. but this doesn't occur.

Also, it seems each time I open the map it always defaults to the beautiful town of Frankfurt... is there a way to default where the map should open to by default?  While I would love to visit Germany - I'm not going to target a lot of my photos there daily... but I will target a lot more within a 30 mile radius of my hometown.

Thx!

Mario

QuoteI setup a bunch of GPS favorites for common places

Do you mean locations inside the Map Panel?

QuoteI figured once I choose the location from the drop down window that the map would move to that location.. but this doesn't occur.

Please make sure you have enabled the option "Toggle location display on map" enabled (globe button left of the location drop-down). IMatch can only center on a selected location when this is enabled.

QuoteAlso, it seems each time I open the map it always defaults to the beautiful town of Frankfurt...

When the map opens and a file with GPS coordinates is selected, the map centers on these coordinates. If no file is selected or the selected file has no GPS coordinates, the map needs to center somewhere. I choose Frankfurt over the default location somewhere in an ocean because that's where I live - nearbyish.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Quote from: Mario on June 21, 2014, 08:24:43 AM
QuoteI setup a bunch of GPS favorites for common places

Do you mean locations inside the Map Panel?

Yes.. inside the map panel.

QuoteI figured once I choose the location from the drop down window that the map would move to that location.. but this doesn't occur.

Please make sure you have enabled the option "Toggle location display on map" enabled (globe button left of the location drop-down). IMatch can only center on a selected location when this is enabled.

I just tried this and it does seem to work when the globe is on.. thx!

QuoteAlso, it seems each time I open the map it always defaults to the beautiful town of Frankfurt...

When the map opens and a file with GPS coordinates is selected, the map centers on these coordinates. If no file is selected or the selected file has no GPS coordinates, the map needs to center somewhere. I choose Frankfurt over the default location somewhere in an ocean because that's where I live - nearbyish.

Perhaps an option in the Geo & Maps settings to define a start location?  It looks like there might be a way to edit this in the IMatch5\geo\imatchgeo_ol.htm file... but since this may get overwritten with updates, I'm hesitant to make any changes here:

var ll = createLonLat(8.682127, 50.110922);