Keeping the three files in the stack always accessable

Started by Darius1968, June 24, 2014, 08:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

My scenario is that I have a folder, "Boy" and a subfolder, "Processed".  My original image, "Duke.jpg" is in the "Boy" folder, and it was created sometime in April.  On June, I created two derivatives, "Duke1.png" and "Duke2.png", which are in the subfolder "Processed".  I finally decided I would make a stack out of these three files, setting "Duke.jpg" as the top of the stack.  To do this, I navigated to the "Boy" folder, where I could reference the "Duke.jpg" file.  To make the derivative files in the "Processed" subfolder visible, I simply activated the "Show hierarchy" in the file window.  Right now, I could created my stack, setting the original "Duke.jpg" file as the top.  So far, so good. 
I run into problems when I use the Timeline feature to show all png files in June, or even any file for the month of June.  I see that there are "Duke1.png" and "Duke2.png" as part of a stack because of the indication via the thumbnail icons.  Good.  But how can I use the feature, at this point, to open the stack with all three of the files in a result window? 

Mario

If you stack files, IMatch will display only the stack top in the file window, as long as the files are within the same scope (e.g. in the same folder, in the same category, in the same timeline node).

To see all files in the stack, open the stack panel via <F9>,<S>.
The "Open in Result window" command is available in the context menu of the stack top only, if this is what you mean?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

Also keep in mind that you can expand and collapse stacks by various methods:

1. Press Ctrl + Click on the Numbered Box for the stack (upper left corner of thumb)
2. Press Shift + E or Ctrl + <Right Arrow> to expand a stack
3. Press Shift + C or Ctrl + <Left Arrow> to collapse a stack

You can right click on a thumb and use the stacking submenu to see more. The help file "helps" as well.

All the above work in the main file window and are in addition to Mario's response.  The main difference is that using any of the options I describe above will only work if the images all fit into the same context as your view.  i.e. if you are viewing a category, the stacked images must be in that category, too.  If it's a folder, they must be in the same folder (or hierarchy if you are viewing hierarchy), and so on.

The panel view Mario described will show all your stacked images even if they wouldn't be viewable in your current view.

ubacher

I have written for myself a small script which shows all files in a stack in a separate(result) window

Run it if your focused file is part of a stack. Its the same as "Open in Result Window" Mario pointed out, but works on any
member of the stack.
I will attach it in case you find it useful.

[attachment deleted by admin]