imatch3 with geotags map panel?

Started by kirk, July 07, 2014, 04:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk

Would it be a problem to offer an updated version of imatch3 with the map panel for current customers for the same price? As a choice.   

I am sorry to say it but I still prefer the old program.   No sudden hangs, no extra long startups.  No puzzles.      Even interface looks more logical for me.  The only thing I want is that map panel since I often  work wth other people photos and need to see positioning info constantly/ 

Mario

Support for IMatch 3 has officially ended. This version is retired.

It would be a massive amount of work to include something like the Map panel in IMatch 3. No way, sorry.
There is so much code behind the Map Panel (from browser embedding to interfacing with web services to metadata processing...). I would say that the Map panel alone has maybe 15% of the entire code of IMatch 3.

+ If you have puzzles to solve, share them with us. We'll help.
+ Read the into sections in the IMatch help overcome potential problems. The workflows of IMatch 3 and IMatch 5 are pretty similar.
+ If you experience crashes or bugs, report them. I have fixed almost 50 bugs for the upcoming 5.1.6 release, in only four weeks. Most users seem to be quite happy with IMatch 5.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kirk

main thing that annoys me is that imatch5 demo version  hangs each time I am trying to find a file in the whole database.  I see the necessary  files in the window but can't drag them from there because Imatch turns non responsive and in some time shows  greyish screen

Mario

This sounds like a bug report.
Please post it in the bug report forum. Include important details, e.g.

+ How do you search (file window search bar, filter, ...)
+ Which settings do you use
+ A log file in debug mode so I can see stats about your database and what takes IMatch so long

See How to report bugs for more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook