problem importing bookmarks

Started by TKO, July 14, 2014, 02:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKO

The booksmark I had in Imatch 3 didn't import using the database converter into Imatch 5. About 200 bookmarks files are now bookmarked, but I don't remember ever bookmarking any of the images, and none of them agree with the maybe 350 images I have bookmarked before.

How would I troubleshoot this? Also, is there an easy way to correct this? Maybe go back to Imatch 3, create a bookmark "category," export to sidecars, and reread the metadata in Imatch 5?

I did run a full set of database diagnostics, both on Imatch 3 before running the converter, and in Imatch 5, after running the converter.

thanks!

Mario

Bookmarks are automatically imported. I don't recall a single bug report about this. I would need the conversion protocols and log files the database converter produces to maybe find out more. The log files and where to find them is explained in the Database Converter help.

As a work-around, you can select all Bookmarked files in IMatch 3 and add them to a new category.
Export this category using the "with file links" format in IMatch 3 to a file. Then import this file into IMatch 5 using the Category Import module. After the import, select the category in IMatch 5, then select all files in that category with <Ctrl>+<A> and press <B> to bookmark them.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook