Lightroom and IMatch 5

Started by Ted, July 14, 2014, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

I have IMatch 5, Photoshop CS6, Capture NX2. 

Why would I want to use Lightroom 5?  Or maybe a better question for this group is why do you use Lightroom 5 with IMatch 5, especially if you already have Photoshop?

Just wondering if I'm missing something here.

Thanks.
-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.

Erik

Almost any of us that use Lightroom are using it for developing RAW files. 

The same could be done with Photoshop and ACR.  However, I personally prefer Lightroom over ACR because it's interface is a bit more intuitive.  Many people got into that workflow because of price.  Now perhaps they avoid the subscription model. 

For myself, with IM5, I can interface with LR relatively easily.  I can label files for potential editing in LR, go into LR and then process them individually or in one batch.  I can also browse similar files that perhaps I hadn't identified.  It's a bit more efficient for my use than using ACR alone.  Last, I do like some of the plugins in LR that allow me to quickly upload to websites or access other Post-processing tools.  With LR my workflow is very efficient, and I only end up in Photoshop probably 1% of the time. 

That all being said, other RAW processors are beginning to provide a similar amount of efficiency although I occasionally have to rely a bit more on Photoshop when using other RAW processors (lack of plugins and limited localized edits being the primary factor driving a need to use Photoshop).

Ferdinand

I find the workflow in LR much more efficient than PS/ACR.

I find the IMatch much more powerful than the DAM in LR.

sinus

And, as an addition, what the others says, I believe, I can do only tethered shooting with LR, not with PS6. That was my main reason, though I have not used it until now - no time ;)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus