Category View Filtering To Not Suppress Child Categories

Started by Darius1968, July 22, 2014, 06:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

To date, the Media & Folders View allows a switch to be toggled that allows the user to choose between suppressing or enabling the display of the sub folders of a folder that corresponds to the text entered into the filter box.  For example, if "Darius" is entered into the filter box of M&F, then there is effectively a choice to not allow any of the sub folders of "Darius" to display (unless those sub folders have "Darius" somewhere in their name), or to allow all of the sub folders of "Darius" to display.  I'd like this functionality to be carried over to the Category view too. 
As is now in Category view, the screen shot "elton (filtered) illustrates that if I enter "elton" in the filter box, then all Elton John's albums will not display unless his name appears somewhere in the album title.  Screen shot #2, "elton (unfiltered)" illustrates that I can once again enable all of Elton John's albums to display if I reset the filter.  I realize that the current behavior in the presence of the filter is there to cut down on clutter, and in some cases, that's probably good!  But, in a case like this, even when I filter on a particular artist/group, I'd like to still see all the corresponding albums.  For this reason, I think there should be a switch added into IMatch in the Category view that would make this possible. 

[attachment deleted by admin]