Do not see EXIF data

Started by jack@vankinsbergen.com, July 31, 2014, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack@vankinsbergen.com

Do not see EXIF data for any new scans.  Exif data is there for the 50,000 images already existing as a result of conversion from iMatch3.  Three different camera sources fail. I have tried every reload, rescan, preference option I can find.

This post may be redundant, but the first did not seem to actually post.  I think one of the attachments may have been too big, but I received no feedback, just silence - so here is a second try.

What is happening?

Jack

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

This file has no EXIF data. It may have been stripped by the upload (?)
Please ZIP the file and attach it again to prevent changes.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: jack@vankinsbergen.com on July 31, 2014, 08:32:36 PM
What is happening?

For clarification, how did you transfer the images from your camera to IMatch? Windows Explorer? Another program?
John

jack@vankinsbergen.com

When I zipped via Windows Explorer it came out full size. Here is a small image from my smartphone instead.

Also to answer the other post, I let iMatch scan in folder changes from an "in Process" folder established by Windows explorer from SD cards, and then I use iMatch to move the images to their final destination.

Jack

thrinn

Hi Jack,
Quote from: jack@vankinsbergen.com on July 31, 2014, 10:58:46 PM
When I zipped via Windows Explorer it came out full size.

Yes, that is normal. JPGs are already compressed, so another compression will not gain any size reduction. But the reason for zipping in your case is, that the forum software strips metadata from uploaded images. So if you want to attach an image containing EXIF or other metadata, please zip it and attach the ZIP. The forum software will not recognize a ZIP file as image, so metadata in the image will remain untouched.

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

jack@vankinsbergen.com

The problem was that the the forum wouldn't allow me to send a 26mb file no matter what it was.  I put it through Photoshop and reduced the size.

Mario

The forum software only allows uploads up to 2 MB. If you want to send me larger files, request FTP access via email, or use some cloud storage.

The new file has EXIF data and IMatch reads it, no problem.

Do this:

1. Switch IMatch to debug logging: Help > Support > Debug Logging
2. Select the file in a file window and press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5>.
3. Choose Reload Metadata.

Attach the log file (Help menu > Copy Log File). You may need to ZIP it.

This will show me if ExifTool has read the file, how much data was extracted etc.

4. Switch the Metadata Panel to Browser layout and see if any metadata was imported.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jack@vankinsbergen.com

Mario:

OK, here it is.

Jack