Indexing

Started by P.Jones, August 01, 2014, 11:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

In the Add files to Categories, you can't select system categories (e.g., @All, @Builder or @Keywords) or data-driven categories.

So if I want to use Dog from

@Keywords
    Animal
      Pets
        Dog

I can't, unless I'm doing something wrong.

So why are all the Categories shown, why not just the ones you can use.

Mario

The @Keywords category is automatically filled from the keywords in your files. You cannot directly assign files to this or any other data-driven category during indexing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on August 01, 2014, 02:15:56 PM
The @Keywords category is automatically filled from the keywords in your files. You cannot directly assign files to this or any other data-driven category during indexing.

So if you can't use them why are they shown?

JohnZeman

You can use @Keywords (I do all the time) just not while IMatch is indexing files (as Mario said).

Don't you explain exactly what you are trying to do and how, maybe we'll be able to help you then.

P.Jones

Quote from: JohnZeman on August 01, 2014, 03:13:11 PM
You can use @Keywords (I do all the time) just not while IMatch is indexing files (as Mario said).

Don't you explain exactly what you are trying to do and how, maybe we'll be able to help you then.

Hi John

While looking at  Indexing under Preferences I thought I would be able to assign certain @Keywords to some new files.

But as I discovered when you select a keyword you get the error sound.

So my question is, Why show all these @Keywords in the selection box if you can't use any of them and why are they shown?

Mario

This may just be an oversight at that time. Please file a bug report and I will look into this at some later time.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook