Maps-2

Started by Darius1968, August 12, 2014, 02:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I found a pretty cool feature on SmugMug that I wanted to see if it exists also in IMatch:
I uploaded 464 images to a gallery in my SmugMug space.  Of those files, 6 were taken in Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh.  It was cool that when I checked the "Info" for one of those 6 images, and evaluated the map, there were 6 markers on that map, and when I clicked each of these 6, I could see each of the 6 images shot at Heinz Hall this way!  Does such functionality exist now in IMatch when I'm browsing a certain folder or category, for instance? 

Mario

The Map panel shows markers for all selected files. Just select your files, and you will see their positions.

Can I bother you to read the help for the Map Panel, which explains all this and more? Just left-click the Map Panel to make it the active window and then press <F1> on your keyboard. Alternatively, type Map into the Help Index.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Actually, I did try reading the help on this topic, and I apologize if I overlooked the answer to my question.  I knew/know that if I have 13 images selected, then there will be markers on the map relevant to all these 13 images.  This is along the lines of the feature SmugMug provides that I want.  The difference, however, is that in SmugMug, I select one image (an image of me dining at a restaurant, Six Penn Kitchen), then I call up the map for this one image, and the map shows 13 other markers on it.  These 13 other markers (with just the one image) correspond to 13 other images that were also taken at Six Penn Kitchen, and when I click on one of the markers, then it reveals one of those images.  Can this be done too in IMatch?  Thanks. 

jch2103

Here's an example of what Daruis1968 is referencing.

[attachment deleted by admin]
John

Mario

You mean you select a file in the Map and then IMatch goes out and searches your entire database for other pictures taken at that location? I wonder how long this would take in a 200,000 files database...

You can use a GPS filter to find images "nearby" an image, and IMatch will show them on the map when you select them.

If you want a feature like

"When I select a file with GPS coordinates, also display all files within a given distance, even if not selected".

add a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook