5.1.14: IMatch writes to xmp for Photoshop-edited jpegs

Started by pajaro, August 19, 2014, 10:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

I did not see this behavior in earlier versions. I configured IMatch to write metadata to xmp files even for jpegs (I know that it is not standard but it suits my needs...). In the earlier versions of IMatch xmp files were created only after I assigned @Keywords to the images and rescanned the files (Shift+Ctrl+F5). After installing 5.1.14 xmp files appear even without assigning @Keywords; the only thing I have to do is to edit the file in Photoshop, save the edited version and rescan the folder. Then, the edited file (but not the original) has its xmp file (a sample xmp is attached). This causes no problems to my workflow, I just do not understand what has changed and why it now works this way  ???.

Thanks, Pavel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

lenmerkel

I'd guess this is a result of the combination of the File Relations and Propagation Changes in 5.1.14, your master/version relations, and your decision to write XMP files for JPEGs. See the release notes for 5.1.14 in the help for more details.

At least on my system, when installing 5.1.14, these options were activated by default.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Over the hill, and enjoying the glide.

pajaro

Quote from: lenmerkel on August 19, 2014, 10:31:54 PM
I'd guess this is a result of the combination of the File Relations and Propagation Changes in 5.1.14, your master/version relations, and your decision to write XMP files for JPEGs. See the release notes for 5.1.14 in the help for more details.

At least on my system, when installing 5.1.14, these options were activated by default.

Yes, that was it! Switching automatic propagation of data off did the trick. Thanks a lot  :).

Mees Dekker

This is a bit of an awkward question, but even so.

Could you please point me to the exact location where to find and change the settings/options Lenmerkel is referring to. I have been searching the menu's and the help for more than an hour, but did not find the option to switch on (or off) the "automatic propagation of data".

lenmerkel

:)

It's on the Background Processing tab (Preferences).
Over the hill, and enjoying the glide.