thesaurus lookup affecting editing focus

Started by Joe Austin, November 25, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

I am experiencing a frustrating behavior when editing the xmp:dc/description field in the metatdata panel (default).   I have a thesaurus associated with that field.  Intermittently, but frequently, I find that, when I begin makeing an entry in that field, I can type two characters before the thesaurus does a lookup (spell check is turned off).   Once the lookup is complete (less than one second), the two characters that I typed are highlighted and the third character that I type causes the first two to be erased.

This pattern will continue until I exit the field and return to it in another (or the same) image, at which point it may or may not re-appear.   The only way to complete an edit when this behavior occurs is to type two characters, wait for the lookup, re-click in the field at the end of the string (removing the highlighting) type two more characters.... and repeat.... two characters at a time until the edit is done.

Another similar behavior occurs much more frequently and occurs when editing an existing entry in the description field.  If you click in the description field to enter edit mode, and select a point in the middle of the string and begin typing, when the thesaurus lookup occurs the edit point is automatically moved to the end of the string and you have to keep clicking back at the desired edit point every two characters or so.

The first behavior occurs about 30% of the time, the second about 75% of the time.  I experience this on two different databases on two different machines one with a  large thesaurus/database, one with a tiny thesaurus/database.

Does anyone else experience this?