iMatch 5.1.14 crashing when Lightroom 5 is also open.

Started by tonyh43, August 26, 2014, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyh43

Over the last 3 or 4 days I seem to have a problem in that when both iMatch and Lightroom are open on the tool bar in windows 7. The strange thing is that they both seem to work quite happily together as long as I'm processing an image but if I leave them for a while loaded on the task bar and go off to do something else for a while I have an error message from windows saying that it had to close expectantly and  both applications are gone. The only thing that has been loaded on to my machine recently are Windows updates from Microsoft and iMatch 5.1.14 so whether these are not playing nicely together I do not know. I have tried restoring things to an earlier time (to previous incarnation of iMatch)and things seemed to be stable so I then re-installed iMatch 5.1.14 and the problem has started again. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem using these two applications together? Have attached the log file from when I restarted iMatch 5.1.14 after the crash.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Hi, welcome to the community. Adding a few line breaks in your report would help. Just press <Enter> now and then. Thanks. Writing everything into one long string makes your posts not more readable.

What does "while loaded on the taskbar" mean? You are just running IMatch and LR at the same time, so Windows displays them in the task bar. That's the normal behavior.

You wrote: "a while I have an error message from windows saying that it had to close expectantly and  both applications are gone." Windows is reporting that it has to close which application? Both? I used LR and IMatch 5 together today and I don't see a similar effect. Did Windows or IMatch produce a DUMP file with information about the crash?

The log file contains many entries of IMatch trying to get more memory by flushing out all in-memory buffers. IMatch does this when the system reports low memory conditions and IMatch cannot allocate memory (RAM) to work. My guess is that LR is sucking up all your memory and IMatch has none left. Check in Task Manager how much memory is available. Adobe applications are notorious for using up all memory...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

tonyh43

Hi Mario

Sorry about the lack of punctuation, will try harder next time :)

I will investigate the memory usage as I think that this could be the cause. My machine has 8GB RAM but I may need to install more.

Tony

Mario

IMatch was using only 489 MB (0.5 GB!) at the time the log file was taken. IMatch needs only very little memory, unless you run a slide show were it utilizes up to 3 GB RAM to cache files in advance.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

tonyh43

I'm beginning to wonder if it may be a problem with one of the recent Windows upgrades as I left my computer just running yesterday with no programs loaded.
I went away for a while to have to have lunch and when I came back I found that all of my desktop icons except for 'My computer' and 'recycle bin', including the
task bar had disappeared, and the following message was displayed:

"The instruction at 0x000007FEFEFD2E29 referenced memory at 0x000007FEF8B03800. The required data was not placed into memeory
    because of an I/O error status of 0xc000000e. Clock on OK to terminate the program"

All of this means nothing to me. May have to take the machine to my friendly computer man and have it checked out.

Thanks again for your help.

Tony

Carlo Didier

This smells like a hardware problem. I once had mine crashing seamingly randomly until I noticed that it always crashed when physical memory usage went over 3GB. Found out that the forth memory module was defective. As long as it wasn't used, everything was ok.

Mario

Yes, looks like a hardware problem. Maybe something simple like a loose RAM panel. Often removing and re-inserting the RAM solves such issues.
Or maybe a problem with one of the disks in the system.

The Windows Event Log will contain more details about this problem. Your computer geek should be able to make some sense of it.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator