Keyword Panel available in the viewer

Started by lnh, September 03, 2014, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnh

It would be very useful to have access to the keyword panel (and Thesaurus) when using the viewer. This would be particularly helpful when assigning keywords when you need to see a higher level of detail vs. thumbnails to make the keyword judgements. A common example would be assigning people identifying keywords in a group photo. I could imagine a scientist might have similar needs in classifying elements of a picture.

I've become addicted to the thesaurus and find that a much better way to assign keywords (and @Keywords categories) rather than using the category panel. If made available, I'd probably find it the most useful panel you could configure in the viewer.

Mario

If you make the Quick View Panel rather large, you have a large view on your files, and access to Keyword Panel etc.
Or, use the Viewer in windowed mode.
There are other ways as well.

The Viewer is already too complex, and adding more features and functions which may be used occasionally by some users is not a good idea IMHO.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

lnh

Mario - thanks for the suggestion. Quick Panel un-docked and on a second monitor seems to be the best solution to my expressed desire. The viewer in windowed mode isn't as useful for keywording tasks as the file focus in the main window doesn't move as you flip from shot to shot as you're working and only changes to the last selected photo in the viewer upon closing the viewer so the workflow isn't so streamlined. That second monitor can get busy as well with the map panel open much of the time, and referencing other relevant data via web browser.