Adding a link to pop-up menu

Started by P.Jones, September 02, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

When I right click on a CR2 file I get a pop-up menu appear.
At the top of the menu is the option to 'open with Adobe Photoshop'

What I would like to do is add at the top of the menu a link which says 'Convert with Adobe DNG Converter' so that I can convert my CR2 files to the DNG format from inside IM5.

How do I achieve this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

herman

Quote from: P.Jones on September 02, 2014, 09:24:11 PM
I would say this is because Photoshop is associated in Windows with the CR2 format, it is set to open CR2 file automatically from the Windows Explorer.
Quote from: P.Jones on September 02, 2014, 09:24:11 PMWhat I would like to do is add at the top of the menu a link which says 'Convert with Adobe DNG Converter' so that I can convert my CR2 files to the DNG format from inside IM5.
When you don't want to mess around with changing the Windows associations the easiest way would be to make a shortcut to the DNG converter in the Favorites panel.
Just open the favorites panel with F9,F, switch to the Applications tab and drag the DNG converter icon to this panel.
Now you can select the files you want to convert in the file window and click the DNG converter icon, which should result in the files to be send to the DNG converter.
Enjoy!

Herman.

P.Jones

Quote from: herman on September 02, 2014, 09:40:27 PM
Quote from: P.Jones on September 02, 2014, 09:24:11 PM
I would say this is because Photoshop is associated in Windows with the CR2 format, it is set to open CR2 file automatically from the Windows Explorer.
Quote from: P.Jones on September 02, 2014, 09:24:11 PMWhat I would like to do is add at the top of the menu a link which says 'Convert with Adobe DNG Converter' so that I can convert my CR2 files to the DNG format from inside IM5.
When you don't want to mess around with changing the Windows associations the easiest way would be to make a shortcut to the DNG converter in the Favorites panel.
Just open the favorites panel with F9,F, switch to the Applications tab and drag the DNG converter icon to this panel.
Now you can select the files you want to convert in the file window and click the DNG converter icon, which should result in the files to be send to the DNG converter.

Hi Herman
Yes I knew about the Favorites Panel.

If I can i would still like the action available via a right-click on the file as this is quicker to use if I don't already have the Favs Panel open

herman

Quote from: P.Jones on September 02, 2014, 09:52:03 PMIf I can i would still like the action available via a right-click on the file as this is quicker to use if I don't already have the Favs Panel open
The only way I know of is to change the file association via Windows Control Panel - Programs - Default Programs - Set Associations.
Please be aware that when you change the association Photoshop will not launch anymore when you double click a CR2 file in Windows Explorer.
The alternative may be to write a script that sends the selected files to the DNG converter and have that script appear in the context menu.
I guess that should be possible but I would not know how to do it....
Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

This command is determined by IMatch from the default application configured for the format.
Check out the additional options you have in the Advanced Functions sub-menu, where you find an "Open with..." command and even the standard Windows Explorer context menu (Keyboard: <Alt>+<Enter>).
To open an file you can also use drag & drop from IMatch to the other application (DNG Converter) or create favorites for the applications(s) you want to quickly access.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on September 02, 2014, 10:55:21 PM
This command is determined by IMatch from the default application configured for the format.
Check out the additional options you have in the Advanced Functions sub-menu, where you find an "Open with..." command and even the standard Windows Explorer context menu (Keyboard: <Alt>+<Enter>).
To open an file you can also use drag & drop from IMatch to the other application (DNG Converter) or create favorites for the applications(s) you want to quickly access.

Hi Mario

The (Keyboard: <Alt>+<Enter>) will work just fine for me

ubacher

I tried also to simplify the use of the dng converter. I could not get it to work via the favorite nor would it
accept dropped files. Anyone managed to do this?

I ended up writing a script which passes the files to the dng converter. This works.

P.Jones

Quote from: ubacher on September 03, 2014, 08:48:32 AM
I tried also to simplify the use of the dng converter. I could not get it to work via the favorite nor would it
accept dropped files. Anyone managed to do this?

I ended up writing a script which passes the files to the dng converter. This works.

DNG converter works fine here via the Favourites method.

Drag and drop a DNG Converter Shortcut onto the Favourites Application panel

Select a photo then click on the Favourite.