spacing between lines of layout edit

Started by bnewman, September 05, 2014, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnewman

I've creating a layout that works for me - see attached.

What I cannot figure out is how to reduce the spacing between the three footer lines. They are all set such that each line occupies a footer left, and the footer right is none. I've tried setting the size value of each footer, but it does not bring the rows closer together. In fact, in some cases it drops the lowest footer row out of view.

How can I reduce the spacing between the footer rows?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Export your layout and attach. I cannot tell anything.
The XAML render engine automatically determines the row height, or uses the height value you dial in. There are of course fringe cases which cannot be handled, not everything users come up with can be done.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

bnewman

I'm sorry. I should have done that in the first place. It is attached. By the way, how can it be read? only in imatch?

sinus

Quote from: bnewman on September 05, 2014, 08:24:11 AM
I've creating a layout that works for me - see attached.

What I cannot figure out is how to reduce the spacing between the three footer lines. They are all set such that each line occupies a footer left, and the footer right is none. I've tried setting the size value of each footer, but it does not bring the rows closer together. In fact, in some cases it drops the lowest footer row out of view.

How can I reduce the spacing between the footer rows?

I think, you must simply change the points of size.

There are two relevant entries:
Size
Font Size

The entry Size is the important thing for changing the space between lines, I GUESS.
You can see it, when you change the size on, say 2, then your lines are (almost) gone. Change step by step, and finally you will find your correct number for Size about 12 - 18 or so.

(btw: the word Size puzzled me a bit, because it can be confuse with the Font Size.)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

bnewman

Thanks for the response. I understood the difference between font size and size - it is admittedly extremely similar but the effect of changing font size is immediately apparent. So, I tried playing with all kinds of values of size for the different three footer rows, but in the end nothing worked. So what I finally did was remove everything from all the footers except for footer 1 left in which I put everything I needed using the linebreak tag:

{File.Width} x {File.Height}<LineBreak/>{File.MD.Exif::Main\41989\FocalLengthIn35mmFormat\0}mm {File.MD.Composite\ShutterSpeed\ShutterSpeed\0|value:formatted} f{File.MD.Composite\Aperture\Aperture\0} ISO {File.MD.Exif::Main\34855\ISO\0}<LineBreak/>File: {File.Modified}

Then I still had to play with the size until a size of 50 worked. I still don't understand why I had to do it this way, but it does work. The resultant layout edit is attached.

Mario

The up to four footers are within the same 'section' of XAML, and thus may affect each other. Especially if you don't fill all the cells. It's much like HTML, where you got to work a bit until you get the result you want. I can only give you the features of the XAML engine I use in IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook