Files not available

Started by JoeHolzwurm, September 11, 2014, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHolzwurm

I found several thumbnails which show an icon which tells me that the files are no longer available. Is there a way to move all files at the same time (they belong to the same directory) or must I move them one by one?

Mario

Just rescan the folder. Rescanning will import new files, re-import updated files and remove no longer existing files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JoeHolzwurm

The thumbnails already have categories and I would like to keep that. A rescan would import the files new without the categories.

I do not know why the thumbnails show a wrong directory because I never move files outside IM but the fact is that I found these files.

So this means that I have to relocate the files one by one?
If I do that the warning icon changes against a blue circle with two arrows and this icon does not disappear.

Mario

Ah, that's different. You have moved the files outside of IMatch. Then you need to relocate. And you need to relocate each file individually. Relocate is a last resort so there's not too much comfort. Usually you'll never need this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Richard

Quote from: JoeHolzwurm on September 11, 2014, 12:11:54 PM
I never move files outside IM but the fact is that I found these files.

Quote from: Mario on September 11, 2014, 01:45:30 PM
Ah, that's different. You have moved the files outside of IMatch.

JoeHolzwurm

@Richard
I usually do not move files outside IM but in this case something happend (I don't know what) and now some files are moved.
As Mario said I have to move them manually.

If I remember correctly this was easier in IM3.
Sometimes it can happen that something goes wrong and then you have to relocate several files. So I think it would be good to have some more comfort for that.
In this case all files belong to the same folder...