editing in tabular view

Started by jeg, September 12, 2014, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeg

When I work with new images, I give them very often a description or titel. At the moment I have to

• select the picture
  • select the metadata view
  • make an entry and
  • select the next image.
This is very time consuming. I would be much better if the tabular view can be edited. Than I could

• edit the titel entry
  • press cursor down to get the next image and go on.

Mario

I don't want to discourage you, but this will not happen. Re-implementing all the logic that is in the Metadata Panel in the file window would cause a lot of work. And, what you see in the file window is not necessarily a metadata tag, you can also show combined tags, tags formatted or modified by variable functions etc.

Both the Metadata Panel and the Keyword Panel have a large number of productivity features. Do you know them all? For example, you can add/edit metadata in hundreds of files at the same time. Metadata Templates are also a great way to fill in mass data.

If you give each file an individual title, this will not solve your problem.  But maybe something simple like a prev/next file button and keyword shortcut is all you need. I have something like that on my to-do list, but I cannot say when I will look into this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jeg

Quote from: Mario on September 12, 2014, 01:02:46 PM
... But maybe something simple like a prev/next file button and keyword shortcut is all you need.
It would be very helpful if there were a shortcut with which one could change the current image. In this case, one could stay in the Metadata panel.
Thank you