Question for sorting || Frage zur Sortierung

Started by ChristopherFoto, September 18, 2014, 08:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristopherFoto

Question for sorting,

How is it possible, for example, in the pregiven category ISO values ​​to sort in ascending order, ie 100, 125, 160, 200, .... 1000, 1250, ... and not as it is today after 100, 1000, 110, 1100, 125 ...

Nun noch mal auf Deutsch

Wie ist es möglich z.B. in der Vorgegebenen Kategorie ISO die Werte aufsteigend zu sortieren, also 100, 125, 160, 200, ....1000, 1250, ... und nicht so wie es heute ist das nach 100, 1000, 110, 1100, 125 ....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Regards Christopher

I have troubled the search, have found, unfortunately, nothing, perhaps, I have looked for the wrong concept.
Excuse for my English

ChristopherFoto

Regards Christopher

I have troubled the search, have found, unfortunately, nothing, perhaps, I have looked for the wrong concept.
Excuse for my English

P.Jones

Richard

I don't see it as a bug. If 100, 125, 160, 200, were entered as 0100, 0125, 0160, 0200, they would sort properly with 1000, 1250. Maybe a feature request to pad numbers with leading zeros?

Ferdinand

There is a discussion in this thread about sorting on shutter speed:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=1701.msg10685#msg10685

In the properties for a data driven category there's an option for data type.  However selecting real or integer doesn't give you a numeric sort, and the "use RAW value" option doesn't change anything.

I suspect that this is a bug, because once the field has been interpreted as numeric then it should be sorted numerically.

Other views?

Mario

Which sort setting do you use for your categories? Click the Gear icon in the category toolbar.
Should be "Standard, also sorts numerical values".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Quote from: Mario on September 22, 2014, 04:08:02 PM
Which sort setting do you use for your categories? Click the Gear icon in the category toolbar.
Should be "Standard, also sorts numerical values".

That was it!  Is standard the default?  I don't recall changing this.

Mario

The "sort by numerical values" sort uses a different set of routines which analyze the category name contents. It can be a lot slower than the simpler sorts, so I think I've opted for the standard alphabetical sort as the default. If a user stumbles and does not find the info in the help, it can be easily corrected. I think I recall only two related postings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ChristopherFoto

Quote from: Ferdinand on September 22, 2014, 04:17:15 PM
That was it!  Is standard the default?  I don't recall changing this.

Yes, now it works !  :) :) :)

I was just the first time in dialogue gear, so I have the default settings not changed, or is it in the settings also have the option to convert this ?

Thanks to all for the support
Regards Christopher

Excuse for my English