Keyboard shortcut for switching focus

Started by Ferdinand, May 30, 2014, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferdinand

In IMatch 3.6 {F6} switched the focus from the file window to the list of folders (or categories) and back again.  Search as I might, I can't find this keyboard shortcut in 5.0.  Is there one?  [Now stand back and wait to find out that it's in the help file and I am blind.]

herman

I did not check the help file, but intuitively used the standard Windows CTRL + TAB combination.
It works  ;)
Enjoy!

Herman.

Ferdinand

Quote from: herman on May 30, 2014, 11:06:51 AM
I did not check the help file, but intuitively used the standard Windows CTRL + TAB combination.
It works  ;)

On my system this moves the workspace view from M&F to Categories to Timeline to Collections.  I had tried it.  It doesn't seem to do what I want.  It doesn't shift the focus within a view from thumbs to the panel on the left.

herman

Sorry, it seems I misunderstood your opening post.
I can't find anything about this focus toggling in the help file either.
Nor can I find a keyboard shortcut by trial and error which does what you want....
Enjoy!

Herman.

Mario

There is none. IMatch assumes that the user has a mouse or similar pointing device. Not everything can be operated using only the keyboard alone.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Polarigel

I'm testing iMatch5 right now, and as far I like it. But it's rather awkward that the only way to switch from the keyword panel to the file window is using the mouse.

It would be OK if I could stick to either mouse or keyboard. Unfortunately I can't scroll the file window using the mouse wheel. I have to use the arrow- and page-up/ down keys. So I have to change between keyboard and mouse all the time when browsing my pictures, and that's a nuisance.

Is there any workaround? Are there plans to add a shortcut to change focus between the different panels and the file window?

Polarigel

Mario

QuoteUnfortunately I can't scroll the file window using the mouse wheel.

You can scroll the file window (or the window under the cursor) just fine.

QuoteIs there any workaround? Are there plans to add a shortcut to change focus between the different panels and the file window?

I think there is a feature request. Check out the feature request board and add your vote to the corresponding request to improve it's priority.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook