Categories export to text format issue

Started by Connacht, October 10, 2014, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connacht

Hello,

Firstly let me add that this issue is in relation to IMatch 3.6 - I've looked over the forums and searched but cannot find anything on posting in an appropriate location and presume that support has gone?

I'm aware that this area is for v5 (considering upgrading at the moment) but perhaps you can bear with me and of course I'm happy to shift the posting elsewhere - or you may delete - but please bear with me.

I've been using IMatch for a time but have only begun to use the categories in any depth of late.

All is going well and its proved to be a wonderful application for organisation of a large photo collection.

I need however the ability to output the entire collection to text for subsequent import to an Access database and I've encountered a sorting problem.

So, for example taking the hierarchical structure to sort my pictures of mountain environments and using the following terms to keep them in alphabetical order: 

EnvMountain.Scotland
Month.June 2014
Peak.Bidean nam Bian

This is fine but the text outputs include some in the wrong order, with the month first or peak etc.

I've checked the sort order and experimented but to no avail the output still comes out wrong and it's quite infuriating :) - I may be doing something quite obvious but cannot see where the thing is not quite right.

Many thanks,
Connacht