Global Folder Filter Quick Outline

Started by Darius1968, October 08, 2014, 06:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I've set a global filter that excludes right now two folders.  I know I can see which folders these are by following the path tree, but is there a quicker way to find out what folders these are?  If not by filtering folders this way, then is there a workaround? 

Mario

Your post is unclear, sorry.

I understand that you use the folder filter to limit which folders you see.
When you click on a folder, the full path is displayed in the file window caption and also in the folder properties panel below the tree.
If you have enabled the "Show full path for first level" option, the full folder path will also be displayed in the tree.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

What I mean is that let's say I'm using the folder filter to so far have two folders off limits.  What if I wish to see right away (without having to navigate the folder tree in the filter) what are the two folders that I have excluded when say, for instance, I haven't used IMatch for two days, and I reinstate the folder filter?  I might not recall which folders they were, and to remember, I'd have to navigate the tree to come upon what I filtered.  So, I wondered if there is a way to get a list of what is filtered? 

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Well, let me see if this helps:

We seem to be on the same wavelength about using the folder filter to limit the folders from which IMatch is permitted to display files. 

• I limit the display of files by excluding some folders in this, the global folder filter.  For instance,
    E:\_01\_Backups\_201309 (C Drive)\_Social Networking\FetLife\_Profiles\Flladyred\
    E:\_01\_Backups\_201309 (C Drive)\_Social Networking\FetLife\_Profiles\Indeedable\
    E:\_01\_Backups\_201309 (C Drive)\_Social Networking\FetLife\_Profiles\OneLuvsFeet\
    E:\_01\_Backups\_201309 (C Drive)\_Social Networking\FetLife\_Profiles\sicilian_daddy\
    This global filtering is accomplished by simply setting the check box states in the folder filter for the above folders to the exclude position. 
  • Along the way, in such a filtering process, I may decide that I want to know how many folders are being excluded, and exactly which folders these are.  I want a list like the one I've produced above to accomplish this. 

Okay, with the above in mind, the global folder filter doesn't allow me to see names of the folders that are excluded the way that  I want, in a list form, but rather, I have to open up the tree and see all the folders in this tree that have the check box state set to the exclude position.  This gets to be very time consuming. 

Is there a way by using this global folder filter that I can get that list I want of the excluded folders in my global filtering?  If not, is there a way to accomplish the filtering that would allow me to get such an itemized list? 

Mario

What is a global folder filter?
I assume you mean the filter panel below the Media & Folders tree control, where you can quickly limit the number of folders to show in the tree?
Or do you use the folder filter in the Filter Panel?

And you filter out folders, but then want to see which folders you filtered out? Sigh...
If you really need such a unusual functionality, try this:

Use the Folder Filter in the Filter Panel.
Bring the database node into the file window. Make sure you enable the hierarchy mode.
Now apply your folder filter. You see only the folders left over by your filter.
Invert the Filter Panel. Now you see all the non-filtered folders.
Use the Collapse All but this command (right-click on the database group bar in the file window) to collapse all folders so you see only the groups with the folder names.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator