Help for PaG restoring?

Started by markkums, October 11, 2014, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markkums

Hi there,

I performed Pack and Go procedure in following way:
-run PaG at my desktop and saved impag-file into a USB stick
-restored that impag-file into my laptop and run iMatch5 on my laptop. Made some category name additions and settings to image files in laptop
-run PaG in laptop and saved that impag-file into another folder in the USB-stick
-run restore that newer impag-file in my desktop, but got failure (repeated times, in between I tried to remove all limiting priviledges from folders whatsoever)

What is my problem or do I perform procedure unproperly, could somebody give help?

B.r: Markku

Attached:
-screen shot of PaG display
-PaG log file

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

I would like to see the protocol file too.
Apparently IMatch was unable to extract the database file. Package damaged, insufficient disk space, file already exists and is locked, no write privileges, ...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

markkums

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to follow ideas you gave and checked them all.

Package damage was detected by Verify-command made in laptop after next trial to save impag-file. I did saving repeated time with same failing results in all cases. After that I run virus check with F-Secure (result: no virus) and malware check with Spybot S&D (result: some removals and register related changes) in my laptop. After this Verify was successfull and restoring in my desktop worked ok.

I do not know if that malware scan explains everything, but that was the only thing I did between failed and successful Verify.

Thanks and best regards,
Markku

Mario

See if you can reproduce the problem when you create new packages (always run a Verify after the package has been created). If anything unusual comes up, secure the P&G logfile, the protocol file (!!) and the diagnosis logfile if you run a diagnosis in P&G. Maybe something shows up.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook