IM should store its state regularly (not only on exiting)

Started by ubacher, October 22, 2014, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

When IM becomes unresponsive and I have to close it and restart, it restarts at the point
where it was closed properly the last time. Restarting goes quite quickly but it is a nuisance
having to set up the previous folder/category/filters etc.

The request is:
IM should store its state every 5 minutes or so in order to allow faster recovery.

I realize that this is only needed while we are debugging i.e. while we are having frequent "white screens".
It would make working with IM less time consuming and thus lead us sooner to the causes of the problems.

Maybe a (speeded up) RESTART functionality would do. I sometimes do a manual RESTART (close IM and reopen)
just so I have the right state after restarting from a "crash". But this is quite time consuming.

Mario

IMatch maintains over 400 settings which control it's state. And most, except for workspace information like panel positions, is stored automatically on every change. A while screen means IMatch cannot respond because it is locked by a user or system action. In such a case it cannot store state data anyway.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook