IM 5.2.8

Started by BanjoTom, October 29, 2014, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanjoTom

Downloaded and installed the 5.2.8 version this morning: completely smooth and quick, as usual. 

As instructed, I ran a full database diagnosis on my ~32,000 files, and am now running the "Fix Checksum" script (Estimated time of completion is about 30 minutes) -- and all is going very well so far.  I look forward to exploring the new features. 

Once again, a GREAT job by Mario!   :)   

Minor point/typo:  In the Script Manager, under "Utilities," the script is called "Fix Checkums"  . . .  :P
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

sinus

Quote from: BanjoTom on October 29, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
Downloaded and installed the 5.2.8 version this morning: completely smooth and quick, as usual. 

As instructed, I ran a full database diagnosis on my ~32,000 files, and am now running the "Fix Checksum" script -- all going well so far.  I look forward to exploring the new features.  Once again, a GREAT job by Mario!   :)   

Minor point/typo:  In the Script Manager, under "Utilities," the script is called "Fix Checkums"  . . .  :P

Dowloaded also, installing must wait, first some backups ;)

Hey Tom, in the morning is good, the new release came this afternoon ... ahem, you must be a bit far away from here!  8)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

BanjoTom

A LONG way from Switzerland, Markus . . . I'm in Lexington, Kentucky, USA . . . where it's now 11:11 a.m., Eastern Daylight Time . . .
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Mario

QuoteMinor point/typo:  In the Script Manager, under "Utilities," the script is called "Fix Checkums"  . . .

Aw, bugger. Fixed for 5.2.10. :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: BanjoTom on October 29, 2014, 04:11:52 PM
A LONG way from Switzerland, Markus . . . I'm in Lexington, Kentucky, USA . . . where it's now 11:11 a.m., Eastern Daylight Time . . .

I see, and here is now 16.44, so this means, so we are here 5 hours ahead. So, while now for you is almost time to have lunch ... we to slightly go ahead evening meal ... well, in fact for me personally, play football  ;D (at 7 pm)
Markus

Mario

Running the Fix Checksum script is only required if you're planning to use the File Verifier. Or if you prefer to keep a tidy ship.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Richard

I prefer to keep a tidy ship so I ran Fix Checkum  :D and nearly half of my files in one folder had the wrong checksum.

I will also say that Tom has a sharp eye to catch that typo. I was looking for Checksum and that is what I saw.

lnh

NICE!!!!
Did a quick check and most MWG regions are importing fine. I especially like that the annotations are linked with the MWG regions so that changes to annotations in IMatch change the MWG region metadata as well. Besides very unclear and uneven support in Picasa, this may be the world's first application which can display MWG regions visually. Score IMatch 100 - Lightroom 0.

Going to have to investigate the several problem files where the regions were placed incorrectly compared to their original placement in Picasa. Given all the steps involved in going from Picasa to AVPicFaceXMPTagger to ExifTool to IMatch, it's completely unclear where things were lost in translation.

sinus

Quote from: Richard on October 29, 2014, 06:13:39 PM
I prefer to keep a tidy ship so I ran Fix Checkum  :D 

me too. Let run the Checksum.  :)

I wonder always, what can be done with some lines of code! An old IMatch-user (means, he was a long time on the forum, but I guess, he has no more time now) has even created a fine "Memory-Game" for/with IMatch 3.

It was really nice and I played quite a lot, simply to relax with my own images (choosen always randomly).

Hmmm, once, if I have time, I will try to convert it for IM5.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Markus

Mario

Quote from: lnh on October 29, 2014, 11:16:06 PM
NICE!!!! (...)
Besides very unclear and uneven support in Picasa, this may be the world's first application which can display MWG regions visually. Score IMatch 100 - Lightroom 0.

Great. Spread the word. Tell your friends. Post in Facebook and other forums you might visit. It's very hard today to get the word out about a software like IMatch. Especially since Apple decided to name one of their technologies 'iMatch', which steals a lot of search engine traffic away from me. Of course if somebody searching for IMatch, Apple is always listed first in the search engine...  :P
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Ferdinand

Looking good here too.

I really appreciate the better keyword search/filter. *SUCH* a boost to workflow.  I wish I had it a couple of days ago.

Can I ask a question about the File Verification Script?  Given the checksum bug that has been fixed in this release, this script won't tell us a lot at the moment will it?  There's no way of telling which files have a buggy CRC and which files might be corrupt, is there?  Is that correct?  So the best that we can hope for is to run the Fix Checksums Script now and then in the future the File Verification Script will alert us to any issues?

Mario

Yes. Works from now on.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

DigPeter

Just installed 5.2.8.  No problems.  2 databases diagnosed and sums checked with no errors.  Have not yet had time to test new features.