Using a removable source for database files

Started by MelissaLaurino, October 25, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelissaLaurino

Is it possible to have files stored on a removable source like an external harddrive and be able to fully access and edit my database from any computer that has iMatch? And having trouble relocating files to have iMatch find them on the external harddrive. Any help appreciated

Panther

I have my iMatch database files and my image files that are in the database on a removable hard drive, and I haven't had any problem accessing them with iMatch on two different computers (one desktop and one laptop), at least with version 5.2.6 (haven't had occasion to try it again since the update to 5.2.8 ).  However, in order to make that work well, I had to set it up so that the hard drive would be recognized as the same drive letter (e.g., Drive D:) on both PCs.  Otherwise, you have to tell iMatch how to find the files every time you switch PCs and that gets to be a real pain (there may be some trick to making that easier, but if so I don't know it - telling both PCs to see the drive as Drive D: was a lot easier).

Mario

No problem. Please see sharing databases in the help (just search for UNC) to find more info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook