Alphabetical and Unmark

Started by cthomas, November 16, 2014, 03:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

When you have six or seven child categories Under a parent and you add another child category that should be between Cat and Moose. How do you get it to move up between Cat and Moose instead of staying at the bottom?

Also when you have an image marked for deletion. How do you unmark it?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

1. Try changing the Sort mode from Alphabetical to Custom (Categories/Gear icon). I haven't worked with this, so I'm not sure this will do exactly what you want.

2. See Help for 'Reject'. If you've configured Reject to use the Delete key, just press Delete again to remove the mark.
John

Mario

1. IMatch by default sorts categories alphabetically by name. No need for you to to anything, unless you switched the category view to use a manual sort. Check that via the Gear button in the toolbar. Make sure you have read the help topic on the Category View.

2. As said by jch2013, press <Del> again. Search the help index for the term Reject to find the related info.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on November 16, 2014, 08:08:16 AM
1. IMatch by default sorts categories alphabetically by name. No need for you to to anything, unless you switched the category view to use a manual sort. Check that via the Gear button in the toolbar. Make sure you have read the help topic on the Category View.

It looks like I have settings right but as you can see the categories Beavers and Prairie Dog did not sort. They are still at the  bottom of Mammals.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Did you try to press <F5> once while the tree control is active?
I just tried this, by adding new child categories via <Ins> but they are automatically sorted.
How do you create the new categories, exactly?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on November 16, 2014, 07:51:31 PM
Did you try to press <F5> once while the tree control is active?
I just tried this, by adding new child categories via <Ins> but they are automatically sorted.
How do you create the new categories, exactly?

tree control is active?......I'm not sure what you mean buy  "tree control". This is what I did....... in the left window(panel) I clicked on Media & Folders and then Pressed <F5> but that didn't work. And then in the left window(panel) I clicked on Categories and then Pressed <F5> but that didn't work.  I tried these the first thing.

How do you create the new categories........ I went Universal Catalog > Animals & Pets > and then I clicked on Mammals to select it. I then pushed  <Ins> and then typed the new category name. I even went to the categories panel on the right hand side and added a category but that didn't work either.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on November 16, 2014, 09:33:00 PM
How do you create the new categories........ I went Universal Catalog > Animals & Pets > and then I clicked on Mammals to select it. I then pushed  <Ins> and then typed the new category name. I even went to the categories panel on the right hand side and added a category but that didn't work either.

I'm not clear - when you typed in the new category, was the category created? When you went to the Category panel, was the category added (i.e., what do you mean by 'didn't work')?

Perhaps it would help if you post your log file after you try to create new categories. Make sure your logging is set for Debug Logging (Help/support/Debug Logging). See 'Log' in the Help for more details.
John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on November 16, 2014, 09:56:02 PM
Quote from: cthomas on November 16, 2014, 09:33:00 PM

I'm not clear - when you typed in the new category, was the category created?   Yes the Category was created but it was not alphabetically sorted 

When you went to the Category panel, was the category added (i.e., what do you mean by 'didn't work')? It didnot alphabetically sorted

Perhaps it would help if you post your log file after you try to create new categories. Make sure your logging is set for Debug Logging (Help/support/Debug Logging). See 'Log' in the Help for more details. Here is a copy of the Log.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on November 16, 2014, 10:48:53 PM
Quote from: cthomas on November 16, 2014, 10:24:39 PM
Here is a copy of the Log.

Unfortunately, the log didn't attach.

Let's try this again.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Quotewent Universal Catalog > Animals & Pets > and then I clicked on Mammals to select it. I then pushed  <Ins> and then typed the new category name. I even went to the categories panel on the right hand side and added a category but that didn't work either.

Universal catalog....this sounds like you have imported categories from IMatch 3?
Maybe the behavior you see is caused by the bug reported and fixed for this version where IMatch 5 imported categories from IMatch 3 with a 'bad' sort order.

Try this: Create a new category under @All, and then some child categories under that. Do these sort correctly?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator