Does the Search bar search categories?

Started by weixing, November 19, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weixing

Hi,
   Does the Search bar search categories? I try to search the image base on the tag in the categories, but unable to get it to work. It's working if I search for keywords and file name, so I just wonder does it search the categories? The screenshot attached show that the category "Black Baza" got 5 photo, but return none when I search for it using the search bar.

Any suggestion??

Thanks and have a nice day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jch2103

After you set your search term, be sure you've set the Hierarchy button to 'Show all levels'. You may also need to click the Pause button again. When I do this, it works for me.

John

weixing

Hi,
Quote from: jch2103 on November 19, 2014, 10:16:44 PM
After you set your search term, be sure you've set the Hierarchy button to 'Show all levels'. You may also need to click the Pause button again. When I do this, it works for me.
Still the same... didn't work... See attachment. Some setting affect the search??

Have a nice day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sinus

I do not know, it the search bar also searches for categories, when I am looking at your results, than it seems to clear: no.

But searching for categories, I do not know, if this makes a lot of sense!? You can simply click on your category and you have, what you are looking for.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

weixing

Hi,
Quote from: sinus on November 20, 2014, 08:40:21 AM
I do not know, it the search bar also searches for categories, when I am looking at your results, than it seems to clear: no.

But searching for categories, I do not know, if this makes a lot of sense!? You can simply click on your category and you have, what you are looking for.
I'm still trying out the IMatch, so only a few category are setup...

Basically I need to know what's work and what's don't work with IMatch before the trial is up (19 days left), so I can design my tagging method and workflow base on this... tagging and organize images take a lot of time and I don't want to redo too many times...  :P

Have a nice day.

Mario

The file window search bar does not search category names. It searches file names and metadata. See the corresponding help (<F1> after clicking into the search bar) for more information about the various search features.

You usually don't search for categories. You should click on them in the Category View to see which files they contain. If you want to limit what you see in the file window to files assigned to one or more categories, use the Category Filter. You can combine the Filter Panel with the search bar to search and filter for at the same time.

If you have many categories later, you can use the filter / search feature available in the Category View or the Category Panel to quickly find categories matching a given name.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

weixing

Hi,
   This is what I'm look for...  ;D

Thanks and have a nice day.