Same images appear in two places in the database

Started by DavidOfMA, November 22, 2014, 05:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOfMA

My database indexes folders in drives C:, D:, and F:. When I click on the drive icons for C: and D:, I see, in the File window, thumbnails of some of the files that are actually in the folders on those drives. When I click the "I" icon on these thumbnails, they correctly displays the files' real location, and the thumbnails for the files are also displayed in the correct folder.

How can I remove these bogus thumbnails? Doing a database diagnosis and database compaction had no effect on this issue. The files seem, effectively, to be cross-linked. However, I have checked the disks with chkdsk and they are fine.

Thanks,
David

Mario

I don't understand your question, sorry.

IMatch cannot cross-link files. And if the files are displayed as on-line, IMatch can find them at exactly the physical location recorded in the database. The full file name is displayed in the IMatch status bar when you click a file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I think you probably have hierarchical display set up. Thus it will show you all files under C: etc.

DavidOfMA

I've looked at the situation more closely. I will clarify.

On Drive C, I index only the Pictures folder, which has many subfolders. When I click "C:", I see thumbnails for the 21 files at the top-level Pictures folder. That is, C:\Users\David\Pictures. It doesn't display the thumbnails for the images in subfolders of Pictures; just the images in the Pictures folder itself.

On Drive D, I'm indexing four main folders, and two of these folders (Uploads and Private Practice) have some files in the top-level, as well as many subfolders containing files. When I click "D:",  IMatch displays only the files that are in the top-level folders D:\Uploads and D:\Work\Private Practice.

If this is configurable behavior, how do I turn it off, so that when I click "C:" or "D", no files show up? It seems odd that it should display only the files at the top level of the indexed folders on the drive. If this is not configurable or expected, then I guess it is a bug.

David