Imatch became very slow after useing face annotation

Started by Frank, November 30, 2014, 03:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hello Mario,
after switching on the face annotation imatch became very slow. This just happens if you were working with the collection.

I have already sent you my database with ticket:https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3738.msg25544#msg25544

regards
Frank

Mario

What becomes slow?
Starting IMatch? Looking at files? Indexing files? Working with the Batch Processor?
A bit more info here would be very welcome.

Annotations can't really slow down things. Maybe calculating annotations becomes a bit slower, but that all depends on your system. A log file would have been helpful. I get many emails per day and I'm usually several days behind. A log file attached to your post would have taken all but a minute but I would know already more. No we have to wait until I have time to read your emails...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Frank

See attached logfile.

If I expand the annotation everything became slow and all sometimes I have to wait for response more than 2 Minutes.

My computer configuration:

i7-3770 CPU @ 3,4GHz 3.9 GHz
    Number of processors: 8
    RAM == 32GB
    OS == WIN7 64Bit
    Disc for OS                          == SSD OCZ-Vertex3                                                   120 GB
    Disc for Database and VMs == SSD Kingston SH 100s3120G                               120,0 GB
    Disc for Files                       == Hitachi HUS724040ALE640   (Serverdisc)           4000,7 GB

Regards
Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

I'm still not sure what you are actually doing. You write:

Quoteafter switching on the face annotation imatch became very slow. This just happens if you were working with the collection.
and
QuoteIf I expand the annotation everything became slow and all sometimes I have to wait for response more than 2 Minutes.

What do you mean by 'switching on'? Do you mean that you have enabled the support for face annotations in the preferences and then loaded the metadata again to import face annotations from your files?

And you experience a long wait time when you expand the Face Annotation collection in the collection view?

You have about 1000 faces recorded in the database so the collection tree for Faces has to load 1000 sub-elements when you unfold it.
I see in the log file that loading the collections tree in the collections view takes 6 seconds.
Does the wait occur when you expand the Face collection tree? Or later?

IMatch calculate the other face collections from the metadata in the background, which runs from 10:31:41 to 10:32:07 (36 seconds). These calculates should not cause the user interface to block - IMatch will just update the collection counts one by one, as soon as it has calculated the counts. And only for the tree elements actually visible.

I can try to setup a test database with 1000 different faces, but I would need to know exactly (step-by-step) what you do and when you experience the slow performance. Like "I switch to the Collection View and when I expand the Face collection, IMatch stalls for 2 minutes"...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook