Yellow Triangle

Started by cthomas, December 07, 2014, 12:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

What does yellow triangle mean on this file? I have seen it in help but I can't find it now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

It means that file (image) is off line or had a problem while trying to read/write metadata.

In Help go to Contents > File Window > Introduction then scroll about halfway down the page to see the explanation for file window icons.

Richard

Hi Carl,

The image attached to your post is of a thumbnail shown in the File Window. As a general rule you can click on any object that you have a question about and then press <F1>. In this case Help would have opened to "The File Window" and about half way down is the topic "Icons" as John said.

Mario

When you point the mouse cursor at the yellow warning icon, IMatch displays a tooltip with the error message returned by ExifTool when reading/writing metadata from/to that file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on December 07, 2014, 07:38:40 AM
When you point the mouse cursor at the yellow warning icon, IMatch displays a tooltip with the error message returned by ExifTool when reading/writing metadata from/to that file.

The error reads ....... see the attachment. Can this be fixed? If so how?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

This error message is shown when ExifTool cannot process the file because the file has an unknown format or is damaged.
Open the file in the originating application and save it again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Sometimes you can clear yellow triangles just by doing a force re-scan (hold Control key down, right-click file(s) and choose Rescan Now/Force Rescan).

The yellow triangles sometime shows up on my slower computer when I update many files at once; doing the force re-scan clears them.
John