trying to understand write protect

Started by imfan, December 10, 2014, 01:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfan

Hello,

after some time I like to work again with iMatch.

I am    struggling with the icon "write protected".

What I do: I have 2 folders - each folders contains the same image (bin identical).
In folder 1: I click on the image , click on the write proted icon
In folder 2: I am selecting the image, move the image to folder No. 1, a window pops up "ConfirmFileReplacement"

here I select "replace" - so I want the picture No 1 beeing replaced by picture No 2: and it does it!!!!!!

This is not what I would have expected, instead I would have like a message to pop up like "this file is write protected" or something like that. Hm,  so I dont understand how this write protected thing works.

But then: I go to folder No1 (with the write protected file), if i use the key  STRG+ENFT to delete the file, I get a warning "Do you really want to delete the read-only file".

Any help is very much apprichiated! I am using the Version 5.2.16

imfan

P.S. It also would be helpfull for any version to come, to add another info to the ""ConfirmFileReplacement" for both thumbnails:  the lenght and widh.

Mario

The write-protection flag is the same flag as you can set in Windows Explorer. It is supposed to prevent a file from being changed, but not from being overwritten. When IMatch attempts to replace a file (and you allow it in the dialog box that pops up when a file already exists), and Windows does not prevent it, the file will be replaced.

The special message when you try to delete a file marked as read-only is a special IMatch feature.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook