Image Batch Processor not exporting exact pixel size?

Started by kiwilink, December 10, 2014, 12:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

I took an image and dropped it on the Image Batch Processor with a goal of outputting a 750x1334 image (72 resolution).  I am consistently getting a 750x1050 image.  See attached screen captures of my Batch Processor selections.  I am probably doing something silly but I can't seem to get the exact output size.  I see this in the log:

Load(1) of J:\Pictures\MyImatchPics\Scans\LinkFamily\Kids\Kristin\KrisMickey320Paper-1.jpg with 750 x 1050 (O: 750 x 1050) in 47ms

Is there something I may be doing that is changing my 1334 to 1050?   I am using 72 dots per inch in the Batch processor and using pixels

Thanks!

Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

ColinIM

Perhaps you want to specify only one dimension for your images?

I use the "Long Edge" option from the drop-down list (see attachment) to ensure my exported images are no smaller larger - in X or in Y - than my specified 1800 pixels (in this example).

Colin P.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kiwilink

Colin:

Thanks for the tip.  I tried this but got the same thing (750x1050).  I'm trying to create an exact 750x1334 because this is the size for the Iphone 6 so that it fills up the entire screen.  I can do this in Photoshop by specifying the width, height and resolution in pixels and using the crop tool to create the exact size.

I'm assuming that I should be able to do this with the Batch Processor in IM5 but I'm making a mistake somewhere.

Thanks for responding!

Mike

afengler

It looks like you are using one of the pre-defined presets with a 5x7 aspect ratio and therefore always create an image with 750 x 1050 pixels.

You can create your 750 x 1334 image by creating a new preset with the following parameters:
Units: pixel
Format and Size: Resize - Fill (Center)   750 x 1334 pixel
The resize mode (Fill) is the critical point.
That worked for me when I applied this preset to some arbitrarily sized images.

HTH
Alf

kiwilink

ALF:

Thanks!  That did it!!!!   I was choosing "Width and Height" and then specifying 750x1334 and that was my mistake.

Thanks for the help!!!  The reason I was doing this is that the new Iphone 6 does not use the entire screen to display pictures. I'm trying to find the exact size so I can export them and have it fill up the entire screen. Haven't found the exact size yet but this is close and does exactly what I want to do. 

Thanks!!!

Michael