Script access to GLOBAL SEQUENCE NUMBER wanted

Started by ubacher, December 14, 2014, 05:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

Now that we can call the renamer from a script ( Thank you Mario) I would like to be able to also read/write the
global sequence number.

(I start my sequence number each day at 1 - currently I have to do this manually.)

( And write access to global variables would of course add a lot of possibilities to both batch and renamer
calls from a script. I think this feature request exists already).

David_H

Quote from: ubacher on December 14, 2014, 05:05:18 AM
Now that we can call the renamer from a script ( Thank you Mario) I would like to be able to also read/write the
global sequence number.

Yes please!

( And write access to global variables would of course add a lot of possibilities to both batch and renamer calls from a script. I think this feature request exists already).

Also a yes!

Mario

The global sequence number in the Renamer is not accessible from scripting, and it would be too much effort to change this.
You can use a global variable instead in your Renamer preset and then use the methods added to the Application class for the 5.3.2 release to read and change these variables before you run the Renamer.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Richard

Ferdinand

Quote from: Richard on December 14, 2014, 10:37:01 PM
Quote from: Mario on December 14, 2014, 08:37:20 PM
the 5.3.2 release

Is that a typo or will that be the next release?

Since he said the same thing in two separate threads, I assume that it's not a typo.  So the question is:  what exciting and impressive new feature justifies the jump to 5.3.x?

JohnZeman

Quote from: Ferdinand on December 15, 2014, 12:02:30 AM
Since he said the same thing in two separate threads, I assume that it's not a typo.  So the question is:  what exciting and impressive new feature justifies the jump to 5.3.x?

I'll bet he's added a car wash.  ;)

Richard

QuoteSince he said the same thing in two separate threads, I assume that it's not a typo.

I also came to that conclusion when I saw the number repeated.

QuoteI'll bet he's added a car wash.

I am hoping that it is the neural link that will allow IMatch to respond to our thoughts.

Mario

5.3.2 is the first release for 2015. I just increased the minor version number from 2 to 3, and the build number starts at 2 again. We had 8 (!) 5.2 releases so I thought it was justified. New year, new minor version and all that...

When my release plan stays ons schedule, we'll reach 5.5 at around July - August 2015.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand