year selection

Started by HansEverts, December 13, 2014, 09:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansEverts

Good morning,

I could not work with Imatch for a couple of months, and I admit I am having a had time remembering what could be done and where. It is a wonderful softwhere, but to enjoy it and get the maximum out of it, you have to use it regularly.

My question is simple and I expect  the answer will embarras me, but as it is, I do not see how to filtre for a name and a year. My daughter will be 18 soon and I want to have a few photos for each of those years.

In the filter panel I find neither year nor keywords for the name. Under the categories I select her name, but that selection does not apply to the timeline view.
I tried to create a dynamic category Year, but I do not know how to get rid of the day and month.

Thanks

Mario

There are several ways to achieve what you want...

To see all files from a given year, switch to the Timeline View and select that year.

If you have added the name of your daughter as a keyword to your files, you can either:

- Type the name in the file window search bar (above the file window) - or

- Enable the Category filter in the Filter Panel and put a check mark in front of the @Keywords category corresponding to the name - or

- Enable a Metadata Value filter in the filter Panel and filter for hierarchical keywords. This shows you all keywords used in the current scope (the year you have selected in the time line) and you can just click on the keyword you want to filter for

You can also do this the other way round:

You switch to the Category View and there select the @Keywords category corresponding to the name of your daughter. This shows you all her files. Then enable the Date filter in the Filter Panel and select the date range you are interested in.

Tip: To show additional filters in the Filter Panel, click on the Gear Icon in the Filter Panel toolbar. Press <F1> while the filter panel is the active panel to get detailed help. Or just search for filter in the help index.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HansEverts

Got it. Thanks for your patience.