Thumbnail: Codec 'JPEG Decoder' (GetThumbnail failed (88982F44 Unknown error 0x8

Started by fischmir, October 25, 2014, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischmir

Hallo all,

I am testing IM5 before going live with my productive database.

One of my main task is to rate the picture with * to *****. Afterwards I most likely print all ***** pictures.

So I used the filter to select all images with ***** rating. I marked all (CTRL+A) and copied them (CTRL+C). I created a new folder and pasted all pics. Only 1 of 4 thumnails where shown correctly.

I searched the forum und rescanned with "Force Update". Now everything is fine. Nevertheless I did the  "WIC Diagnostic" which resulted in:

List of installed codecs:
   Codec 'BMP Decoder' for extensions .bmp,.dib,.rle
   Codec 'GIF Decoder' for extensions .gif
   Codec 'ICO Decoder' for extensions .ico,.icon
   Codec 'JPEG Decoder' for extensions .jpeg,.jpe,.jpg,.jfif,.exif
   Codec 'PNG Decoder' for extensions .png
   Codec 'TIFF Decoder' for extensions .tiff,.tif
   Codec 'WMPhoto Decoder' for extensions .wdp,.jxr

Testing file 'V:\imatch5 test\5 Stars\IMG_0111.JPG'
   Thumbnail: Codec 'JPEG Decoder'
      (GetThumbnail failed (88982F44 Unknown error 0x88982F44).) 0x0 pixel in 0 ms.
   Preview: Codec 'JPEG Decoder'
      (GetPreview failed (88982F81 Unknown error 0x88982F81).) 0x0 pixel in 0 ms.
   Full resolution: Codec 'JPEG Decoder'
      () 1936x2592 pixel in 0 ms.

What does it mean? Do I need to resolve this issue? If yes, how?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Christian

Mario

IMatch does not use WIC decoders to process JPEG files so WIC support is not relevant.

When you run the WIC diagnosis for a JPEG file, IMatch tries to find a responsible WIC codec for the file and then uses the three interfaces to get a thumbnail, preview and full-site file. Since JPEG have neither thumbnail nor preview, these methods fail. Only the full-size interface returns a valid image. That's normal.

What would have been much more useful in order to help you would have been the log file from the session where you encountered the problem. See also How to report bugs or problems

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

fischmir

Hi Mario,

thank you.

In my case it is reproducable. I'll create a bug report within the next days.

Regards,
Christian

Mario

Switch the log file to debug logging (Help > Support) so we get detailed information about what you do and what fails. Then ZIP/attach the log to your bug report.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

giorgio321

Hi Mario,

I have the same problem with some JPEG and TIFF files. Has it been resolved ?

Thanks

Mario

There is nothing really to 'resolve' here. The JPEG files may be corrupt or unsupported by the JPEG reference library IMatch uses. Re-saving the files usually solves the problem. You may send me a sample file as well.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

giorgio321

Hi Mario,

I resolved the problem forcing the update of these images.
In fact the initial import does not create thumbnails for many images

Thanks