Minimalist layout in file window

Started by ben, January 03, 2015, 02:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi,

is it possible to configure a minimalist layout in the file window, which only shows the thumbnail and an as small border as possible?

All i could achieve is shown in the attachment.
The red part should be as small as possible.

I would like

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The area for the thumbnail is always square so, depending on the orientation and aspect ratio you will have borders on the uper/lower or left/right. Only if you work with images from Hasselblads or digital backs (quadratic) you have no borders  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

QuoteThe area for the thumbnail is always square so
Would it be a big change in the software to allow the area for the thumbnail to be rectangular as well?
When scrolling through images or when sorting them, i want to see as many images as big as possible.

QuoteOnly if you work with images from Hasselblads
i think that will no happen in the near future ;-)

ubacher

QuoteWould it be a big change in the software to allow the area for the thumbnail to be rectangular as well?

It seems you only have ( and consider) landscape format images?

Mario

QuoteWould it be a big change in the software to allow the area for the thumbnail to be rectangular as well?

Or yes. The render engine for the file window has about 10,000 lines of code. Dealing with variable height (non-square) thumbnails will over-complicate things. You will have to live with it. IMatch can display 150 to ocer 200 (!) thumbnails if you hide the panels and depending on how large you make the thumbnails. That should be sufficient I think.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

ok, thanks for your answer.

I tried several layouts and hiding panels etc.
Making Thumbnails smaller makes no sense to me. Often i scroll through images without the preview panel or viewer open. The thumbnails shouldn't be too small for that.
Trying to reduce some wasted space looked most promising to me.

Ben