5.2.3: user interface improvement

Started by Carlo Didier, January 08, 2015, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

I got myself a bit confused at the beginning by this, so I thought it might be possible to improve this.
If you open the dropdown for the hierarchy display options, the three lower options are only effective if the first option "Show Hierarchy" is activated. But that isn't visually recognizable. Users might click on the lower options and wonder why nothing changes.
So it would be better if those options were greyed out if the top option is not activated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aubrey

Carlo,
Good point, I think a great idea; I still have some difficulties getting exactly what I want, but at least I have figured out how it works!
+1 from me for this.

Aubrey.

Mario

When you change one of the levels, the hierarchical view becomes automatically activated. Does this not happen on your system?

Quote from: Aubrey on January 08, 2015, 12:52:35 PM
I still have some difficulties getting exactly what I want, but at least I have figured out how it works!

Did you read the help topic on hierarchical view? What is unclear?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on January 08, 2015, 02:11:36 PM
When you change one of the levels, the hierarchical view becomes automatically activated. Does this not happen on your system?

It does, but it would still be visually clearer if non-active options are greyed out. It's not a big issue though.

Mario

The options are not grayed out because they are not inactive. The ability to change the hierarchy level does not depend on whether or not the hierarchical display is currently active. If they would be disabled, they would be grayed out. Like in every other IMatch menu.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

The point being that you can change the number of levels to be displayed before you activate the hierarchical display, which can be useful if you're switching from displaying a number of levels to not so many levels.